“Trip to the hot springs”

Costa Rica Tropical Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small adventure company that offers a more personalized and custom service to our clientele. We offer, rafting, waterfall, hot springs, hiking and off the beaten path types of tours. We will show you the authentic hidden treasures of Costa Rica. Our adventures are appropriate for the whole family and even for those seeking a little extra thrill. We will accommodate you according to your needs.
Chicago, Illinois
“Trip to the hot springs”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was a wonderful time! Damian and Mel were so kind and knowledgable. Showed us a part of Costa Rica we never would have found. I HIGHLY recommend them for any excursion. They are fun and made sure we were comfortable and safe.

Visited June 2014
Tropical Advent... T, Owner at Costa Rica Tropical Adventures, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hi there. I am glad to here you had a good time at the hot springs. I hope you like the pictures. Please let us know if you are ever back in Manuel Antonio.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Damien was a great tour guide. My friends and I went white water rafting with him and his aunt and niece. He was so much fun and upheld the highest safety precautions. The rafting took about 3 hours and had a stop at a waterfall where we were able to get out and swim, jump, and play. The tour also included a delicious lunch and transportation. I highly recommend this- you won't be disappointed! Damien was very knowledgable and it was obvious that he loves his job. He went above and beyond our expectations.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome guide and amazing experience!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My friends and I randomly met Domion in the National Park where he invited us to go on his white water rafting excursion. We were a little hesitant about meeting up with a "stranger" but I am forever thankful that we took the chance because it truly ended up being the greatest day we had in Costa Rica, and by the end of the day we felt like one big family! Domion and his partner were completely professional and knowledgable while also being personable and entertaining! I cannot recommend Domion and Costa Rica Tropical Adventures enough - if you want to have an authentic, adventurous day in Costa Rica, this is your man!! Plus, it doesn't hurt that he kind of looks like Demian Bichir ;)

Visited June 2014
“Amazing adventures in Manuel Antonio!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My friends and I ran into Damian giving a tour to his aunt and niece through the national park and I cannot express how glad we were we did! We truly got to experience authentic Costa Rica and definitely got a feel of the local culture. On our way to white water rafting, Damian kept us entertained with everything he knew about Costa Rica. He was very patient, knowledgeable and accommodating. After that, he offered to take us along with his aunt and niece to a private hot springs he recently came upon. The owners of the property were very welcoming and joined us as well! I really wish we could've taken Damian with us to explore the rest of Costa Rica! He truly made our experience in Manuel Antonio unforgettable and surpassed our expectations. I highly recommend Damian to anyone who wants to explore Manuel Antonio for more than just its tourist attractions.

Morris, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The best of "authentic" Costa Rica!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Just got back to the hotel after experiencing Damian and Mel's newest adventure: a trip to local (secret) hot springs! This is a NOT to be missed experience for more reasons than I can begin to type using just my phone! Please be aware that this group's focus is "off the beaten path," so if you want a swim up bar at a resort-like hot springs, head to Monte Verde, but if you want a true Costa Rican experience with two of the most knowledgeable, professional, accomodating guides who will take care of you like a family member, these are the guys to go with. We drove up into the mountains on a VERY rustic road where we drove through streams and experienced a little "Costa Rican road massage"!! Absolute adventure but incredibly educational, too. These guys know Stunning scenery! We then went to a private residence, again very rustic, but the owners were incredibly gracious! Please leave your American expectations behind and live in the moment! (I will cherish the hugs and kisses from the owners! ). We went down to the stream first where several of the 8 of us (ages 30-65) shot the rapids wearing helmets, life jackets, and elbow pads provided by Damian and Mel. Mel shot (excellent) photos, while Damian caught the swimmers at the end of the rapids. We then went up and sat in the first of the hot (warm) springs and caked on the natural clay and let it dry while we went into the second pool (warmer). You need to be careful walking around and climbing into and out of the pools using only the stairs Mother Nature has provided! The guys were always at our sides making sure we were safe moving about. They joined in the activities with us. Loved that! Washed off the clay in the cool stream where we enjoyed fresh papaya and pineapple. Then went back up to the house where they seated us at their table in their home and served us coffee, homemade tortillas (to die for!), and Tico hospitality! Anticipate that these facilities are "rustic" (I.e. dirt floors, etc.) and "germaphobes" will probably not be comfortable, but each one of us was thrilled with the experience. There is a small toilet area where you can change into dry clothes. We opted to stop to share freshly caught seafood platters at a restaurant back on the way into town. This is a "must do"!!! Simply cannot give a higher recommendation for these guys and for this trip! There is no superlative great enough to describe these guys and this experience! For those looking for an alternative to the cookie cutter, sterile hot springs experience, this is THE group to go with! Love ya, Damian and Mel! See you next summer!

Tropical Advent... T, Owner at Costa Rica Tropical Adventures, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I truly had a blast with your group. It gave me great pleasure to see how you all enjoyed yourselves at the hot springs. It was great to see a couple of you go down the natural water slide as well. Everyone looked like the really relaxed in the warm pools with their mud masks. I hope you all liked the pictures. Thank you for your comment, it was authentic and true to the experience you all had. Hope to see you down again for another visit to Costa Rica. Please look us up.