We truly cherished our ocean view from a jr suite bungalow .... that is, before 8am or after 5pm. Sadly, the view came with loud banging and drilling between 8am and 5pm. We booked the trip directly with Buena Vista (us number) but were not warned about the construction which has clearly been going on for months. We asked to be moved or if they had arrangements with other hotels but to no avail. They did give us some discount but really we wanted the relaxation not the money. It is too bad they cant have a no noise after 1pm deal - most guests are away during the morning for activities or down at the beach.
All of that said, if you can get a villa away from the construction site, this place is gorgeous. Amazing pools (one of them by construction though), lovely private beach, and frequent sightings of monkeys and sloths on the property. The bartending/wait/driver service was great. The concierge service was OK but we felt like the research we did beforehand was more informative than they were about activities. Nonetheless they were convenient for booking things.
It should be noted it can be a bit of a hot, humid trek to the beach or to manuel antonio. There is a shuttle service and cabs though.
I would recommend this if a room away from the construction could be guaranteed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio