First - the criticisms...our check-in process was not too good at all. Our concierge was busy with his other guests when we arrived, so some other staff took our luggage and offered to drive us to the beach for awhile until our room would be ready. We are pretty easy-going overall, but had traveled a great distance and were definitely tired. Nevertheless, we went to the beach and had lunch there (which was just ok- not great). The kids played in the water, which was fun for them. I think they forgot about us, because about 2 1/2 hours later, someone came to pick us up and take us to the room. Not our concierge, but a different person, and he kept apologizing, so I think they realized they messed up by leaving us there for hours. The 2 BR Villa was really great - one problem we had was that we requested a king bed in one room, and 2 queens in the other when we booked. Unfortunately all they had left for us was a room with queens in both bedrooms. Kinda disappointing, and there was not much that they could do to fix it for us, since all of the other villas had been given away by that point. Our concierge did come to meet us at our room. He was very nice, but seemed to be preoccupied the whole trip. Not sure what was going on with that, because other reviews on here had said he was amazing. I'm not going to name him, out of respect, because I believe he is a nice person, maybe just having an "off" day. We are not extremely needy, so we only used him to make one reservation at a restaurant for our last night. Another thing I will say negative, is the drinks at the beach seemed to take a long, long, time to be delivered, and seemed melted or watery by the time we got them. We didn't love the drink service we received there. So, now you know the rocky parts of our stay here.
Now, for the amazing part.....wow, we just loved having the space and the jungle views in our 2 BR Villa. We love dining out and trying new places, but once we arrived here, we did not want to leave. We ordered food to be delivered 2 nights, which is extremely out of character for us! That's a testament to how much we loved our suite. The hot tub on the balcony was just wonderful. We heard lots of monkeys, but unfortunately did not have the chance to view any from our villa. I think it was just bad luck, because I know they were out there. The rainforest showers were a very unique experience, but so memorable. My husband loved hanging out on the daybed in the living room area. So relaxing! The shuttles were always there at a moment's notice when going to and from the beach. The private beach was also a wonderful perk of this resort. The sand is brownish-black which is something I didn't know before arriving. So if you are expecting white sandy beaches here, it is not the case. Still, we liked the small amount of people on the beach - very private! The staff at the beach was great, and always willing to set up chairs/umbrellas or bring towels. Another nice thing was that they had many beach toys on hand for the kids. Bring dollar bills to tip the staff. One of my favorite things about the Buena Vista Villas was that you could walk to some nearby restaurants. This is nice when you don't have a car. We absolutely loved our "treehouse" here and hated to leave. We had a so-so experience with our concierge, but maybe he was just having a bad week. I would definitely stay here again, and would insist on a 2B villa again because it was great. In fact, I came home wishing our real home was a treehouse in the jungle. Alas, it is not! We have really great memories of our time relaxing at this hotel. Buena Vista Villas was a really great choice for us in Manuel Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio