This is definitely the nicest resort with the best customer service we have experienced. From the time we arrived, there were numerous fun and friendly staff members ready to assist us in any way. Our personal concierge, Eduardo, gave us his cell phone number to call whenever we needed. Although a van is needed to get around much of the time due to the hillside location, one is always available within minutes of calling.
We stayed in a 2 story, 2-bedroom bungalow. The wraparound porch had a complete ocean view, eating area, rocking chairs, and a private hot tub. We saw a lot of wildlife just relaxing there. The outdoor (but still private) bathrooms were amazing, with the choice of regular shower or rain shower. The kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, cookware, etc. There is a full-sized refrigerator. There are items in the refrigerator, but you have to pay for them. Instead, we walked a few blocks down the street to a grocery store and got some items for breakfast and a few lunches. The beds were comfortable. Having a washer and dryer in the unit was fantastic. The cleaning personnel came while we were away most of the time, and did a very nice job. It was so nice having so much room for our family of four (after being all in the same room at the previous hotels)
The beach at this resort is amazing. There were always plenty of comfortable beach chairs, boogie boards, sea kayaks, etc for our complimentary use. The waves were high enough for fun boogie boarding, but the area is located in a cove so we never experienced any sort of dangerous riptides. One day, we spent quite a while watching a troop of monkeys come through the trees in the beach area and eat the fruit there. Our boys enjoyed playing in the family pool, where the water was very refreshing. We had dinner one day at the family pool with the restaurant. While the service was a bit slow, the food was good, and we enjoyed the environment.
The amenities are fantastic here, but the service is what is truly exceptional. One evening, my husband left his camera at a restaurant we had walked to for dinner. We called the front desk and told them about it. Within minutes, Luis had gone to retrieve the camera and delivered it to us at our villa. When we went to the grocery store, we bought a cookie dough mix and eggs, but neglected to get butter to add to it. I told our driver about this problem, and asked if it would be possible for us to buy a stick of butter at the pool restaurant. Michael said not to worry, he'd take care of it. Again, within minutes, 2 sticks of butter were delivered to our door. One day when we were at the pool, Eduardo was walking by and saw a sloth in a tree (which he probably sees all the time). He took the time to come back and point it out to us, only about 15 feet from the sidewalk. We retrieved our camera and were able to take photos and take a lot of time just watching it. There are very few places that you can stay and receive this level of service from fun, personable staff members who truly seem to love their jobs. We thank Eduardo, Micheal, Orlando, Luis, and all of the other staff members who made our stay such a joy.
We would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend Buena Vista Luxury Villas to anyone coming to the Manuel Antonio area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio