I spent three nights in February 2013 at Buena Vista Villas with my mother and two adult brothers and it was an amazing stay! We arrived late at night after traveling from Arenal and were frustrated to see that our villa, although beautiful, had just one bedroom with one bed. We let reception know about the mix-up and Johan went above and beyond to correct the mistake. It ended up taking about an hour and a half to get into our new villa but it was worth the wait! We were given #401, which is right next to reception, and it was an amazing two-level villa with two bedrooms, each with an attached full bath (including an awesome, massive partially outdoor shower). It was really convenient to have the full kitchen even though we just used it to prepare/store snacks and drinks; had we stayed longer, I think we definitely would have used the grill and other appliances to cook meals. The balcony was also amazing (complete with a hot tub, dining table and sitting area) - one of the best views I've ever seen and yes, the monkeys will come visit! Johan repeatedly checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and not upset by the issues at the beginning. He and the other staff were extremely friendly and helpful with everything.
As for the rest of the resort, the three pools were all very nice but the real selling point is the private beach! We spent one morning on a tour of the National Park (great experience) but the rest of the time was spent at the beach. It was definitely a trek all the way down from #401 (the way back being a real workout), but we decided not to be whimpy and get the exercise (shuttles are widely available though). The beach had plenty of chairs and the attendants were very helpful with setting up umbrellas, helping us get out on kayaks, etc. We didn't eat at the beach bar or any of the pool bars but it was very convenient to have the bar right there for drinks. Speaking of food, I would highly recommend Cafe Milagro (just a short walk out to the right of the resort) and Agua Azul (to the left). The road/sidewalk situation is a little dicey (as in most of Costa Rica) but you can definitely walk to restaurants, bars, the ATM and grocery store.
I have nothing but good things to stay about Buena Vista - I would be thrilled to return. And thanks again to Johan and his team for making sure we had an unforgettable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio