We were really looking forward to staying at this property. We had read all of the reviews about the lovely resort and the great service. The resort was lovely -- our room was clean and beautiful. Unfortunately we had a obstructed view from our room (303) because there was a big, but luckily unoccupied, house between us and the beach. The service however, left a lot lacking. We may have had a concierge (his card was in our room) but despite the fact that they told us on the first day that he would check in with us, we never saw him. When we called for recommendations for restaurants, activities, etc. we were given basic information but not much more. Once they did make a dinner reservation for us and another time we were told they would make a reservation for a night hike but when we got to the night hike they didn't have us booked. No one ever checked in with us and asked us how our stay was going and when we checked out they took our money but never said thank you or goodbye. The bar/restaurants at the beach and pool also had bad service. Our lunch took 45 minutes and was cold. And on our last day we asked for a smoothy and the bartender, who was doing nothing, told me he couldn't make it for 15 minutes. There was no other customers there and when I asked him if I could place my order and come back in 15 minutes he said no, I would have to come back in 15 minutes and order it. I waited to see if he was busy with other things but he proceeded to sit down and do nothing for a while. Finally, the pool at the Villas was totally unattended despite the fact that there was a bar there. Most days there were no towels. And on our final day there was an attendant and he was watching movies on his computer. So, overall, lovely spot and if they didn't promise service we wouldn't expect it. But because they do, it really falls short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park