Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$819
$388
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$283
$222
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$194
$178
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$238
$202
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$133
Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$360
$349
Makanda by the Sea(Manuel Antonio)
$265
$257
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$205
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Agoda.com
1,782 results
All reviewsthe reservela lunatapaspersonal conciergecosta ricaprivate rooftopdeluxe suitefree tourgolf cartscarlet macawsour honeymoonpool barmoment you arrivenature preservespa servicesnational parknature walk
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is my fourth trip to Costa Rica and after spending 4 nights in Bocas Del Toro on a crazy island adventure (read: exhausted, unshaven, probably a little stinky), we were blown away by the hospitality, service, and attention to details Gaia offered my girlfriend and I.

Like other reviewers have said, I tend to travel with the intention of getting engrossed in the local culture and food. The hotel's main dining is on par -- if not better -- than most restaurants in the area. I was also really impressed by the owners commitment to preserving Costa Rica's beauty. Unlike many resorts up the northern coast, Gaia has committed 12 or their 14 acres to preservation. Wow, pretty much unheard of in my experiences.

If you want a 5-star experience without the pretentiousness usually associated with it, I can't recommend GAIA enough. Hat tip to Andres, our personal concierge, the dining staff and chef, and owners who maintain such a great culture and experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin A
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We take our commitment to sustainability and land preservation very seriously. Indeed, we have our nature reserve set aside for our guests to enjoy. This is not open to the public.
We provide complimentary tours each morning and during the day our guests are welcome to trek the reserve.
You will come across various species of monkey's as well as sloths, lizards and numerous species of birds. We dare not interrupt this natural corridor for migration of our unique wildlife.
It us truly special and unique.

Please come back to experience once again the magic we have created here at Gaia. And thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Read about this place years ago in Conde Nast Magazine, kept it in the back of my head until the day came when we would finally make it to Costa Rica, it completely met all my expectations and I would stay here again in a red-hot minute.

The hotel sits high on a hilltop, on it's own private multi-acre reserve, which guests are allowed to privately tour - highly recommended! Architecture of the buildings and layout of the grounds are unique and add to the charm. Secluded, secure, and private, yet close to multiple dining & entertainment options at the bottom of the hill. The room was extremely large, well laid out, with a European flair (the original owners were Italian and had a clear vision for their style...) Huge bathroom, shower could comfortably fit 8 people, large common area in the room. Very quite & peaceful, never once heard a neighbor, bedding was 1st rate. Restaurant was very very good, probably some of the best meals we had in a month in Costa Rica. Very reasonably priced drinks & tapas available during 'happy hour.' Service was impeccable.

Bottom line - I would not even consider staying somewhere else if we're ever back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KuwaitiBob
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Wonderful.....!! We are very pleased our recent guests were over the top about our service, location, cuisine, staff and personal amenities.

The experience of staying at Gaia is more than you expect and all that you deserve. Please come back soon.

And we are very happy you found us on the feature article written about us in Conde Naste.

Thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I just returned from a week-long visit to Gaia with my wife and two daughters (21 and 14 years). We have nothing but praise about the staff and facility. On arrival, we were greeted by staff and one of the owners while being welcomed with a fresh, cold fruit drink and ice cold towel. The facility is fabulous and the hilltop location affords a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean, the rainforest and the mountains. The sunsets are incredible. We saw wildlife at the hotel (monkeys, sloths, wild parakeets, multiple birds, iguanas. It is close to the beach (less than 10 min), the Manuel Antonio Park where you can see incredible wildlife close up and amazing beaches, and Quepos where you can have dinner, go shopping, or go to the market. Zip lining, canyoneering, white water rafting, and more is nearby and can be arranged with a simple phone call to your personal concierge. Fabio, our concierge was very accommodating. He knew us by name and knew our itinerary by heart. Changes could be made with a simple word or phone call. There are only 20 rooms, so it is not for young children. Our teenager and 21 year old both were very pleased with the entire Gaia experience. The spa is first-rate. If we return to the Manuel Antonio area in the future, we will definitely stay at Gaia!!

Room Tip: The villa has 3 floors, 2 balconies, 2 large bedrooms, and its own reflecting pool. I have never had a better room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Swen L

We are thrilled that we were able to pamper our recent guests and spoil them.

Coming to Gaia is leaving all the nonsense of the outside world behind and entering into a Paradise that is second to none. We do indeed have the best staff that will anticipate you revery need and no request is too onerous. Our staff is our best kept secret.

Thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum with other readers.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My 15yr old daughter and I, along with another family just came back from staying at the Gaia Hotel. This is a first class hotel! The staff is amazing. The owners set the tone who are present and engaging! They will take care of your every need. This hotel pays attention to every detail. Shout out to Andreas our personal concierge. The location is great, the restaurant is 5*. No need to look any further. Stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanking our recent guest for their review of our Gaia hotel & reserve.
We are thrilled that we met your every expectation......and a bit beyond?

Please visit us again so we can spoil you again and deliver to you a Paradise found!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pura Vida! There's not much more I could say that has not already been said about Gaia, but I will say that I was overwhelmed by how accommodating they were to my boyfriend, who is on crutches. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the owner who told us that anything we needed or if my bf need any help, they were there for us. I would give the service more than 5 stars if I could! From the tours we went on to the dinners at the hotel, it was a vacation from heaven. We really enjoyed the boat tour and riding the ATV's. Also, we had a private tour of Manuel Antonio rainforest and our guide was incredible. The food was amazing also! The daily breakfast (included in the price) was 5 star everyday. The only thing I will warn is that Costa Rica, particularly Manuel Antonio, is not cheap, but the quality we received was worth the price. The service at this hotel is truly unmatched anywhere. I would go back in a heartbeat and will always be grateful for the incredible week we spent at Gaia. You need to go!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

The entire staff at Gaia is so happy your holiday with us was memorable.

Thank you for your kind comments on our service and staff helpfulness. We take special care with each of our guests and welcome them back with open arms.

Having been now open for 6.5 years, we have numerous guests who return year after year and send their friends and family to experience the magic of Gaia and what we have created here.

We would love to count you and your boyfriend among those guests who return to us once again.

Your comments on this TripAdvisor forum and very welcome.