I can't say enough about this place. We have stayed there twice, and both times loved it. The grounds are well taken care of and the staff are kind, polite, professional and go out of their way to make your time there as comfortable as possible. The rooms are comfortable, clean and housekeeping makes sure that there are always fresh flowers in your room!
Over the many years that I have travelled to MA I have witnessed unbelivable growth in tourism (and in the process has lost a lot of the charm), but Cabinas Espadilla has been able to maintain the quaint feel that MA at one time did have.
We were there during July of 2012, we stayed in room 9 which is a little corner room with a kitchen and a nice patio area. We were there for 11 days and we could have stayed for another 11 days. When I am not there, but stuck in my real life, I often reflect on the little hidden gem there in Manuel Antonio and wish I was still there.
If you are going to MA, and want to stay close to the beach, this place can't be beat. But please keep in mind, you are in the jungle, you are in a place where there are bugs and insects not common to everyone's life (such as cockroaches which does not mean filth in a latin american country). For those of you that wish to travel to paradise but stay in a place that is far removed from the costa rican culture, then stay high on the hill. But I can pretty much guarantee that no matter where you stay you will find a bug or something. (and this is coming from someone who hates bugs!)
But for those of you that want to go somewhere and enjoy the quiet tranquility amongst friendly staff, nature and a monkey or two, or want to have the option of taking a stroll to the ocean front (maybe 100 steps down the path), or just sitting by the pool or on your patio enjoying a book or the atmosphere, this place can't be beat. There isn't a restaurant here (but breakfast is included in the price of the room and is available at their sister site a short walk up the road), there is WIFI but it is a bit spotty at times (but geez, who cares anyway? You are in paradise!) then stay here! It can't be beat nor can the staff be or do any better! We will be back many more times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Espadilla Cabins is a beautiful little beach hotel located just one minute from the beach in Manuel Antonio. It has 16 units surrounded by beautiful gardens, a swimming pool and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cabinas Espadilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Espadilla Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Cabinas Espadilla Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio