My husband and I were very excited to stay at Issimo Suites for our honeymoon. We checked out the ratings and we were convinced that it would be the perfect place for us. It is beautiful, but when we first arrived to Issimo Suites after a long flight, they told us that we couldn't check in because it was still occupied. We asked if we could get a room for a few hours to clean up, but they couldn't help us out. We waited for about 2 hours on a couch in the "lobby." We disliked the food very much, and even though they gave us 30% off food, it still wasn't enough to convince us to eat there after giving it and second, third, and fourth try.
I was very disappointed in that fact that they didn't clean our room everyday. I had to specifically ask them to clean it, and one time I asked and no one even came to clean it. We stayed there for 6 nights and on our last night as I was packing our clothes, I got bit by a scorpion which was in the closet!! It was a very scary experience as I wasn't sure if it was poisonous and everything (even the front desk!) closes at 10pm.
Aside from all that, a pair of my very expensive pants were stolen at the hotel. I don't know who did it, but I can only assume that it was the cleaning lady who did it when my husband and I went to explore the city and asked them to clean our room. I have been trying to contact them by email (since sept 11) and at first I didn't want to convict anyone to stealing, so I asked if they found a pair of black pants, and they replied saying that they looked and searched the lost and found with no luck. I emailed them again a few days later asking for the manager or owners email, but I never got a reply back. About a week later, I sent another email and still no reply back from them. I am deeply disappointed with their service and that would be enough for me not to recommend it to other people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio