Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
Bookit.com
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Breakfast included
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$282
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$320
$310
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$206
$178
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$133
Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$448
$435
Hotels.com
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$187
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$495
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$767
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsour honeymoontoilet areathe penthousecosta ricajacuzzi tubevery morningflower petalsfloor to ceiling windowsromantic getawaysmall beachcouples massagesmall hotelnational parkplaya biesanzmaster suitebreakfast was includedperfect hotel
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week and I'm so sad we had to leave. :(

The drive from San Jose airport to the resort was so beautiful.
When we got there, we were greeted with a refreshing watermelon cocktail - which was a nice way to start our vacation.

The view from the resort is breathtaking, I woke up every morning at 4am just to watch the sun rise and listen to the howler monkeys - what an experience!

Breakfast was simple, fresh fruits, croissants, eggs, - just enough to start the day. The lunch and dinner menu was nice (a little overpriced) - but still good. The staff also prepared my coffee every morning and left it in front of our suite which was nice.

We stayed in the junior suite, didn't really need the upgrade since we did a lot of exploring during the week. All our basic needs were provided by the room.

The pool was wonderful to end our hot days, and honestly - I could've spend all day just staring at the scenery from the pool. We even took a little hike (there's a path you can follow by the resort), saw a few lizards and horses which was neat. The beach is also just as beautiful. Be sure to bring lots of water and go early in the morning so its not TOO hot. Monkeys hang out around the resort and it was fun to watch them from our balcony.

We traveled to Quepos occasionally to eat dinner, and walked around town. The residents of the town were friendly and helped us navigate throughout. We took a taxi to quite a few places and the taxi fare was the same all around MA ($8). Ronnie's is also a wonderful place to eat authentic Costa Rican food. I had a WHOLE red snapper to myself and it was DELICIOUS.

We did the ADR Adventure excursion, and loved every minute of it. The rainforest is just gorgeous, I really did feel like I was in Jurassic Park. It was enough to satisfy my adrenaline and took up most of our day. Be sure to bring watershoes or hiking sandals.

The MA National Park tour was nice, but our guide was late for our pick up. When we got there it was very busy, but still got to see a lot of animals. I would recommend to take the 8:30am tour, as the animals are more active during the morning.

I squished in a Spa Day for myself and my boyfriend for a good deal at Issimo. I enjoyed it but my boyfriend didn't feel like the massage was deep enough. I think it really depends on who you end up with. If you want a stronger massage - asking never hurts. I loved it and was asleep the whole time.

We ended our vacation on the catamaran tour, a great way to unwind and enjoy the sights of Costa Rica.

I really wish I could have stayed longer. Costa Rica is such a beautiful country, and already miss it so much.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If your goal is to escape the busy, commercial, chain hotel experience and really immerse yourself in the nature and experience true peace, this is the place to go. Now, be aware that this hotel is very small and intimate. You will have spectacular views, a very unique room design, delicious food, and excellent service. Note that some of the rooms share a balcony, which is one downfall. But, I really cannot think of another negative to the less expensive junior suites. The upper suites do have their own private pool area, but the main pool at most had 4 or 5 people there during peak times and we always had several options of lounges.

The room design is very unique! Every room features a jacuzzi tub. And the shower and tub is completely open to the rest of the room. The toilet area is only separated by swing doors. But, the air conditioning worked excellent and the decor was really lovely. Huge windows in our junior suite overlooked the jungle and the ocean beyond. There were constant appearances of monkeys, birds, and even a sloth or two. Yes, the towels are a little worn, but the hotel offers so much ambiance, I really cannot complain.

The food was really excellent. We ate most meals in the dining room. The wait staff was very kind and attentive. They are very careful to give you your space during your meal and drinks and not harass. I think some fellow Americans may misinterpret this as being inattentive. We found it very pleasant. I overheard some guests also be surprised that there is no indoor dining area. It can be a little warm sometimes, but there was usually a nice breeze.

The hotel is high up on the mountain, thus it's amazing views. However, if you plan to walk in this area, be aware that the walk is very steep. There is a small beach a short walk away, but the hike back can be a challenge in the heat. Just be careful! The beach is rustic - lots of crabs around and rocky on one side. But, it's also very private.

We took a tour of the Manual Antonio Park and it was amazing! Literally saw tons of monkeys! We regret that we did not stay at the beautiful, less crowded beaches at the end of the park a little longer. I would highly recommend that - you will only need to grab a cab back to the hotel when you are finished. Be aware that although we were advised we could pay the tour by credit card, this was not the case. In general, have cash for the majority of your trip.

Oh, and I must point out the hotel policy of not allowing children. Sweet!

I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat if you want a peaceful, immersed retreat!

Room Tip: The junior suites are lower and may share a balcony with one other room. If you seek absolute privacy, you may want to consider one of the upper suites.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tdolese
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything about Costa Rica is breathtaking. This area of the country is perfect! The mountains, rainforests, national parks, beaches are all within driving distance of each other. My husband and I wanted to stay away from any busy, commercial resort and Issimo suites suited our taste perfectly. After our long road trip to the hotel, we were greeted with warm smiles and cold cocktails! The hotel is small and intimate. There are gorgeous views of the ocean and forest cover. It's far enough away from the main roads to be relaxing and quiet, yet close enough to walk or taxi to the local hot spots. It's a wonderfully relaxing place to stay after a day of adventure at Manuel Antonio National Park, white water rafting, etc. All of the staff were very welcoming and friendly. We appreciated how personal the service was. Booking activities and transportation was a breeze! I must say that the food was superb!! Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all surprisingly good. You must try the guacamole!! It was fantastic. We did eat out a few times at local restaurants, but nothing was quite as good as the food we had at the hotel. The cocktails were great too, and the two for one special everyday was a nice plus. Our room, the royal suite, was perfect. I would highly recommend this room. The view from the large balcony was beautiful. We saw some amazing sunsets and wildlife. We enjoyed sunbathing and swimming in private. There’s really no reason to leave the room. The private pool was large enough and deep enough to swim in. The Jacuzzi tub was also nice for relaxing in the afternoons. The bed and sitting areas were very comfortable. The room was always clean and neat. The air conditioning worked very well also. Overall, the suite was amazing and exceeded our expectations. It was definitely worth the extra $$! One thing we loved about staying here was that there were two beaches within walking distance. The smaller beach is very close. It’s a beautiful walk during the day. However, it’s a bit strenuous up and down hill mid-day when it’s hot out. It’s not crowded, and the water and scenery is gorgeous. Everything about the hotel exceeded our expectations. Anyone would fall in love with Issimo Suites. We intend to be back soon!!!!
PURA VIDA!

Room Tip: You must stay in the royal suite!! Private sunbathing and swimming!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stouch1e
Reviewed April 4, 2013

So glad we got to experience Issimo! My hubby and I were in Manuel Antonio in January for a wedding. We opted to stay at Issimo, and we are so happy we did! Loved the quaint, quiet, laid back atmosphere there, and all of the staff made us feel like their family.

The view is stunning, and the full complimentary breakfast is the perfect accompaniment to the vista that includes both ocean and jungle! 'Gato' pampered us with freshly made drinks and snacks by the pool, always served with a smile! All of the food we ate on site was VERY good and fresh. And of course the daily visits from the monkeys and bird life were a real treat!

I must re-iterate that ALL of the staff we encountered here were top notch and so hospitable. They exercised a fine balance between giving us personal space, yet going out of their way to make our stay even more enjoyable.

When checking in we were first taken to a downstairs room, and requested different accommodations, simply because we wanted a private balcony (some of them are shared). The staff was very nice to offer us a different room, although we did have to pay a little higher rate. Our room was perfectly romantic with the Jacuzzi tub and open shower, and daily pampering of rose petals and toweligami (yes I made that word up).

As far as location, we were a short, inexpensive cab ride from town, excursions and numerous restaurants. There is also a nice little beach area just a walk down from the property. If you’re looking for a quiet, intimate, sumptuous tree house, at a great value - I think you’ve found your spot! The only drawback is we didn't want to leave.

Thank you, Issimo and Staff, for welcoming us into your beautiful ‘home’ for the week!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoriK_in_Austin
Reviewed April 2, 2013

What an amazing place to stay. Staff was super attentive and friendly, food was amazing and simply a relaxing place place. Very recommended. Spa was amazing and very reasonable in prices. No kids resort a big huge plus.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IssimoSuites, General Manager at Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Gdiaz1010,
THANK YOU!!!!
We sincerely hope you come visit us again!!!

¡Hasta Pronto, y mucha suerte!
Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Staff