Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week and I'm so sad we had to leave. :(
The drive from San Jose airport to the resort was so beautiful.
When we got there, we were greeted with a refreshing watermelon cocktail - which was a nice way to start our vacation.
The view from the resort is breathtaking, I woke up every morning at 4am just to watch the sun rise and listen to the howler monkeys - what an experience!
Breakfast was simple, fresh fruits, croissants, eggs, - just enough to start the day. The lunch and dinner menu was nice (a little overpriced) - but still good. The staff also prepared my coffee every morning and left it in front of our suite which was nice.
We stayed in the junior suite, didn't really need the upgrade since we did a lot of exploring during the week. All our basic needs were provided by the room.
The pool was wonderful to end our hot days, and honestly - I could've spend all day just staring at the scenery from the pool. We even took a little hike (there's a path you can follow by the resort), saw a few lizards and horses which was neat. The beach is also just as beautiful. Be sure to bring lots of water and go early in the morning so its not TOO hot. Monkeys hang out around the resort and it was fun to watch them from our balcony.
We traveled to Quepos occasionally to eat dinner, and walked around town. The residents of the town were friendly and helped us navigate throughout. We took a taxi to quite a few places and the taxi fare was the same all around MA ($8). Ronnie's is also a wonderful place to eat authentic Costa Rican food. I had a WHOLE red snapper to myself and it was DELICIOUS.
We did the ADR Adventure excursion, and loved every minute of it. The rainforest is just gorgeous, I really did feel like I was in Jurassic Park. It was enough to satisfy my adrenaline and took up most of our day. Be sure to bring watershoes or hiking sandals.
The MA National Park tour was nice, but our guide was late for our pick up. When we got there it was very busy, but still got to see a lot of animals. I would recommend to take the 8:30am tour, as the animals are more active during the morning.
I squished in a Spa Day for myself and my boyfriend for a good deal at Issimo. I enjoyed it but my boyfriend didn't feel like the massage was deep enough. I think it really depends on who you end up with. If you want a stronger massage - asking never hurts. I loved it and was asleep the whole time.
We ended our vacation on the catamaran tour, a great way to unwind and enjoy the sights of Costa Rica.
I really wish I could have stayed longer. Costa Rica is such a beautiful country, and already miss it so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio