We traveled all throughout Costa Rica staying at six different hotels throughout our honeymoon. This was by far one of our top two! Upon arriving we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a very polite check-in experience. We stayed in room 107 which was listed as a penthouse--- come to find out all the rooms are listed as penthouses! It had a great view, and again the first day we had a bottle of champagne in our room.
Everyday the room was very well cleaned, and the cliche rose petals were scattered throughout the room along with our robes and towels in heart shapes. While a little cheesey, they were all still nice touches.
The room itself had a huge king bed, two other beds on rollers, and a full sized couch, table, and chair on the balcony. The room was huge, and the balcony was also very large. The bathroom had an open ceiling which was one of our only complaints about the room. While large and open in size, it is a little less than romantic when someone needs a bathroom trip. A large jacuzzi tub, and a walk in closet with a safe. Very generous in size, and being a couples-only resort, and only having around 9 rooms, they can really treat each couple special.
There was a ton to do in the area, and the front desk was great about scheduling day trips and also advice about restaurants and the area. They were also very honest which we appreciated. For example we came at the end of the rainy season and had wanted to snorkel. The front desk advised against booking this trip as the water was very stirred up. After swimming at the beach we saw why, and appreciated their suggestion!
The private beach was nice, but about a 15-20 minute walk. The walk back is almost straight uphill, so even though you are going to the beach, you might want to consider taking athletic shoes.
Best reasons to stay here:
1. No kids! While this would eliminate families from staying here, as a romantic retreat it was perfect.
2. Spa on site. We both had two massages which were excellent.
3. Excellent front desk service as well as wait staff.
4. Huge rooms, comfortable beds, and romantic setting.
There were a couple of the downsides of this hotel.
1. The pool. It was very small, and we were their when the temps were very high. While you only have nine couples sharing the hotel, even with another couple sharing the pool we felt a little like we were eavesdropping on each other. There was also a random LARGE crab that would appear from time to time.
2. The "sales" on food/drinks. While we ate about half of the meals at the hotel while we were there, the meals we did eat were always on "1/2 off special." So the $20 burger was only $10, and the $8ish drinks were only $4. While I'm not complaining about the sale... they ALWAYS had a sale. Just change the prices and don't run promotions. I'm not sure if their trying to make the prices seem expensive since this is a luxury resort? But it didn't fool us.
3. The concern of safety in the area (not at the hotel). The hotel had a 24 hr guard, and a locked gate, as well as a safe in the room, so our safety at the actual hotel was never an issue... but once you step out of the hotel property, you get a feeling of being very out of place. The sign at the beach even reminds you to take all of your belongings with you. While this is typical of a tourist area... it is still a little bit of a turn-off.
Overall we LOVED out stay at Issimo, and would recommend it. Perfect for honeymooners or to rekindle your romance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park