We stayed at Issimo Suites back in May 2012. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly.
1) Hot Water - we experienced problems with the water as well (noticed a few comments on line about it). We went a full day without hot water. When we spoke to the desk they said they "had to reset" something and we would have water. Didn't work
2) Food Quality - As we arrived late at night and weren't familiar with the area, we opted to take advantage of a 2 for 1 offer in the restaurant. I had the blackened tuna (it was amazing). My travel companion had the steak...ordered it medium. It was very close to raw. It was almost inedible...thankfully he could eat it as home he sometimes orders his steak medium rare....but I could not have eaten it.
3) Bkfst is what you'd expect...nothing to get too excited about but it does the job
4) Walk to the beach.....not as bad as everyone seems to say...yes it's a hot walk back but if you're used to walking it shouldn't be an issue. However...the beach itself is nothing to get excited about ! It was a disappointment (not the hotels fault)
5) Staff are super friendly and try to get you to speak a bit of the local language. They went out of their way to make you feel welcome.
6) Monekys....saw them while we were having drinks in the restaurant.
7) Room Layout - not what you'de be used to...very open concept...toilet is in a small closet so it is private...however the rest of the room is open concept.
8) Bed was comfortable
9) Air Conditioner in room did the job...we didn't find ours noisy at all..plus it's on a remote..so you cna lie in bed and adjust it accordingly
10) No elevators so you do have to walk up to your room. However, this is not a big hotel and should not be an issue unless you have mobilty issues. There is someone to take your luggage to your room if you need assistance.
11) Maids - only saw them in the hallways...our room was always cleaned while we were gone.
12) Coffee in the morning was a nice perk...we were even given some to take home by the front desk at check out so we could have "a coffee to remind ourselves of our stay"
All in all, I've stayed at nicer places but it is good value for the money. I would stay here agin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio