“Nice Beach”

$59.00*
Manuel Antonio National Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of Costa Rica's most popular beaches, Playa Manuel Antonio frequently hosts parties and festivals, and it is an ideal destination for avid surfers.
Lake Bluff, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice Beach”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Warm water (even I could run right in), great views and loved that you could rent chairs and umbrells, and order food from Mary's right on the public beach.Also liked the little souvenir stands so I could do a little shopping while there. I have traveled extensively to beaches around the world though and must say I was kind of disappointed in the sand. I guess I was expecting sugary white beaches like I have seen in the Caribbean. The sand here always seemed dark and wet. Still we had a great time

• Finnish first
  • Slovak first
Lake Bluff, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Must Visit with a Guide!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

You cannot miss a visit to the park. I can't stress enough the need to go with an authorized guide. I would have missed three quarters of the stuff without the guide. The guides are so knowledgeable and can spot things with their naked eye that I could never see. They also carry those amazing scopes which allows you to get close up views of monkeys, sloths and other park inhabitants. Those with point and shoot cameras could put their camera right up to the scope lens and take amazing pictures. The beach in the park is also beautiful. Park was a bit crowded as we went Christmas week, but our guide did an amazing job of getting us right to where we needed to be. Loved it!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Busy but a gem”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very busy compared to anywhere else we visited. Definitely hire a guide, most animals/birds are camoflaged and need to be pointed out. We went on a tour with Iguana tours there were great. Good values, great english and very knowledgable. The beach is beautiful, we spent a day here. My advice is DO NOT BRING FOOD onto the beach, you will get pestered/attacked by monkeys

Visited August 2012
Everett, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome park.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We took a guide through this park, which was great because he showed us SO many animals and stuff we probably wouldn't have seen, but it can totally be done without a guide, and if you keep your eyes out, you can still see many cool things. The beaches there are BEAUTIFUL too. I would recommend everyone going through this park, just to see nature, animals and gorgeous beaches.

1 Thank Janelle C
Dallas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Hire a guide with a telescope!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We hired a guide and had a great time. The guideless people looked clueless and when our guide pointed out things and showed us stuff with the telescope, they would try to find the animals, but didn't have our "eyes". This is a beautiful park.

Visited January 2013