Not a good experience here. The property was surrounded by barbed wire, fences, and a large gate you are issued a key for to lock and unlock.
It is right on the beach but because of the barbed wire and water the hotel is built on the beach is only accessible through the gate and down the road.
The property was a little run down on the outside, but the room we reserved was alright. Be aware this is a more primitive property with no air conditioning. It is about a 10-15 walk down the beach to Manuel Antonio and the National Park.
This hotel was very difficult to book and the manager was very difficult to deal with. I had to call the hotel to begin a long difficult reservation process. We were the only people there and cut our reservations short staying only one night. The manager became very upset and emotional when we told her we were leaving and scolded us for not staying.
There is a lot of nature and this place may be for you. This property was not for us and was our only negative experience in Costa Rica.
We stayed June 7th 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to waves & enjoy the monkeys while staying right on the beach. Enjoy outstanding beach & ocean views from our three room two bath Penthouse suite and studio apartments. We’re situated in a secluded area on the edge of a tropical bird sanctuary forest with a river stream running alongside the hotel. We’re within walking distance to Manuel Antonio Park (13min) but only a stone's throw away from the white sandy beach and blue waters. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nature`s Beachfront Aparthotel Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Natures Beachfront Aparthotel Hotel
- Nature's Beachfront Aparthotel Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park