“Hands down the best resort I have ever been to!”

Greentique Costa Rica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Nature Park is part of a 25-acre private wildlife refuge and protected corridor with three primary nature exhibits, including Turtle Ponds, and several user-friendly“nature interpretive” trails located across from Si Como No Resort & Spa.The Nature Park features a unique Butterfly Atrium and Amphibian Botanical Gardens with guided “Jungle Night Walks”, plus one-of-kind Reptile Lagoons with Crocodiles,Caymans and Turtle habitats. The refuge includes a variety of Flora and Fauna, including a medicinal garden and natural habitats for three species of primates and variety of birdspecies.The primary mission of the project is to help conserve biodiversity by informing visitors ofthe importance of appreciating and in turn protecting our precious natural resources.The guided tours are in English and Spanish. Comfortable shoes & binoculars are recommended. Children under 6 are free with discounts for children 6 to 12. The six (6) tours offered are: 1) The Butterfly Botanical Gardens 2) Reptile Lagoons 3) The Butterfly Botanical Garden and Reptile lagoons 4) Combination Exhibitions and nature Walk 5) Nocturnal Jungle Walk and Tropical Aquatic Garden 6) Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge Birding Tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I don't think there is words in the human dialect to describe how awesome my experience at this resort was. The last time I visited Central America I was a student. I was doing non profit work in Nicaragua but showed up about two weeks early to explore Costa Rica/ Nicaragua independently. I've have seen nearly everywhere in both places. I can honestly say that I believe Manuel Antonio is one of the most perfect locations in either country. Nothing about the resort made you even want to leave it after a long day of tours. The staff at Rico Ticos were the best employees in the hospitality industry I have ever witnessed. Keep in mind I live next to Pebble Beach and Big Sur in California (and have friends and family working at both). I do not have one staff member at the resort to complain about. Also, I felt that the poolside restaurant employees were the shinning stars in the resort. I found Omar (real name "Toro" I found out later) to be unquestionably the best hospitality worker I have ever crossed paths with. Over the few days my wife and family were at the resort I never felt like Omar was even "serving" us. It honestly felt like I was staying at a friends house. I know it sounds corny but it was true. He even made sure if there was not a dish on the menu, he would coach the kitchen staff how to make the dish. He literally walked the chefs through how to make fish and chips and even made sure I could get my favorite dish Vigoron (a cabbage salad on a bed of Yucca Root topped with Chicharon and showered with lime juice). If you are lucky enough to stay at this hidden gem, make sure you go to Rico Ticos during the evening and meet Omar. He will really teach you about the Tico way of life and you will probably won't be willing to leave Costa Rica for any other reason other than forced deportation. Pura Vida Mr. Nunez.... I am honored (as well as my family) to have crossed paths with you and yours.

2  Thank Gian T

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a really neat tour walking distance from several hotels including Tulemar. The guide provides flashlights and you get to see all the frogs that are hiding during the day like the red-eyed tree frog!

3  Thank roadtrip78726
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We ate in the bar and the view and food were excellent. The bar upstairs next to the hotel is another great spot. Happy hour and sunset was a memory to last forever.
We are staying at this hotel next time.

1  Thank Rhomie T
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our kids, age 14 girl and 12 boy were tired and a bit hesitant to go, but they were absolutely thrilled we did. Saw so many cool things, including the red eyed tree frog and many other frog species, plus lots of weird insects including a scorpion, frog-eating spider, tarantula, and more. Our guide was a biologist and knew pretty much everything there was to know about the night jungle and it's creatures. He put names and faces to all the weird sounds that we had been hearing around Costa Rica! He also helped us get great photos of the various critters. Don't miss this!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went on this tour with my husband and 2 young sons, ages 9 & 5. It was a long and bumpy ride to get there, but lots of nice scenery and "fun" driving. The views from Santa Juana were breathtaking. We started with about 45 minutes-1 hour of horseback riding through beautiful scenery, then a demonstration of sugar cane juice extraction with oxen, then about an hour-long hike in the rainforest. After the hike, we swam in a cool pool of a waterfall for about an hour (felt really good after the hike). Then about 30 minutes of tilapia fishing in a stocked little pond (my young boys enjoyed it), then lunch. It was a fun tour and very good for young children--not too long at any one activity.

2  Thank cindyp212