“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greentique Costa Rica Tours

Greentique Costa Rica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Nature Park is part of a 25-acre private wildlife refuge and protected corridor with three primary nature exhibits, including Turtle Ponds, and several user-friendly“nature interpretive” trails located across from Si Como No Resort & Spa.The Nature Park features a unique Butterfly Atrium and Amphibian Botanical Gardens with guided “Jungle Night Walks”, plus one-of-kind Reptile Lagoons with Crocodiles,Caymans and Turtle habitats. The refuge includes a variety of Flora and Fauna, including a medicinal garden and natural habitats for three species of primates and variety of birdspecies.The primary mission of the project is to help conserve biodiversity by informing visitors ofthe importance of appreciating and in turn protecting our precious natural resources.The guided tours are in English and Spanish. Comfortable shoes & binoculars are recommended. Children under 6 are free with discounts for children 6 to 12. The six (6) tours offered are: 1) The Butterfly Botanical Gardens 2) Reptile Lagoons 3) The Butterfly Botanical Garden and Reptile lagoons 4) Combination Exhibitions and nature Walk 5) Nocturnal Jungle Walk and Tropical Aquatic Garden 6) Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge Birding Tour
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is such an amazing place. Beautiful butterflies, crocodiles, monkeys, frog and many, many other things to see. It's educational as well as entertaining. The night nature walk is supposed to be the incredible. I'm going back in December and I definitely have that in my to do list.

Visited January 2013

“Best guides for viewing wildlife in CR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The most knowledgeble wildlife guides in all of Costa Rica. If you use them for your jungle excursions,you will leave Costa Rica with a newfound respect for all wildlife and the environment.

Tenafly, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Night nature walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The night nature walk was great. The guide was very knowledgeable and we saw many frogs and animals. Much better than Manuel Antonio park. You walk with flashlights otherwise you are in darkness very cool Here you held animals that you saw through a telescope at Manuel Antonio park. Ages went from 71 to 16. All enjoyed.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marc B
Lake Charles, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

ask for Michael as personal guide, he was wonderful we thoroughly enjoyed the tour, saw lots of adorable monkeys, beautiful butterflies, and much more. It's a great value, but definitely use a private guide foe best experience.

Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Best Wildlife Tour in Costa Rica"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I will begin by saying "Wow, what an experience!"
I went on the Jungle Night Walk tour with a few friends and I really didn't know what to expect. The tour was about to begin when it started raining harder than I had ever experienced before. I thought possibly the tour would be cancelled, but we were informed this is the BEST time for a tour. Reason being, all of the frogs are very active during this time and you see MORE of them, which we did. While on this tour we saw, red-eye tree frogs, gladiator frogs, bullfrogs, hour glass tree frogs and toads....just to new a few! Thankfully I had my camera with me, as I was able to capture numerous pictures of the precious wildlife. Not only did we see frogs, we saw snakes, rare insects, arachnids, caymans, crocodiles, and turtles. Our guide, Johnny, had more knowledge about each and every species we came across and a story to go along with it.
We were also educated by Johnny on how they use organic compost for the plants, tree's and they also germinate seeds for the reforestation programs. It was a very educational tour and we learned a lot about what Manuel Antonio Nature Park (Fincas Naturales) does for sustainable practices within the refuge. Now, don't get this park confused with the National Park because they are two different places, however they give tours to the National Park as well.
Not only does the Manuel Antonio Nature Park "Walk the Walk" but they "Talk the Talk!" What I mean by this is that often times people advertise that they are environmentally involved in saving the environment, but they do nothing to support it. The Nature Park proved to me that they really do care and they are always striving to protect nature in every possible way.
I would strongly encourage everyone to take this tour (even when it's raining) and see all that they have to offer! Excellent tour, Excellent Guide, and well worth the money!

Visited November 2012