What a nice we had at Las Cascadas! We wound up reserving late, but we got a great discount and rooms and really appreciated that. Gary was very helpful in pointing us to restaurants and scheduling a very competent guide for our Manuel Antonio Park visit.
The hotel grounds were lovely and the design of the property was really terrific. We had an second-floor room (the one pictured on the website) that looks out over the pool and towards the water. We debated about the Domo room, but Gary was very honest in directing us to the room he felt we'd like the best and we appreciated his straightforward approach.
Our room had a great view with a terrific AC (a great option given the humidity during our stay). We were a bit surprised that there was no housekeeping service each day, but it was hardly a big deal for us, but we did drag in a bit of mud from the rainy day and would have appreciated a way to sweep up the floor. The room itself would benefit from a fresh coat of paint; it's starting to show a bit of wear and tear. We had a nice terrace right outside that we shared with a neighbor; there was a sink and frig out there along with a bar and lounge chairs. We felt very secure - a number of locks everywhere.
We asked about breakfast - Gary and his wife are experimenting with this service - it was great and super cheap ($2.50 per person), not huge, but we didn't want that anyway and more than enough for the money - way more than you'd get at a U.S. breakfast place for that amount..
The wireless access was intermittent and down by the office only; cellular was intermittent as well. Gary is looking into the wireless access though, so if it's important to you, then just ask. There was no public computer workstation that we saw, but I'm sure if you asked, Gary could recommend some place.
The hotel location was not as ideal as we hoped. The govt. has just started building a marina and there is a lot of construction going on down on the main road. It was probably a two-block walk down from the hotel, a short hike through the construction zone, and about two blocks beyond to get to the edge of Quepos. We walked around a bit, but there wasn't much we felt we needed to do there, so we went on to Manuel Antonio - that was about a 15 min. taxi ride from Quepos, so it was probably a total of 20 min. driving from the hotel That came to something under $6 one way, so it wasn't something we wanted to do multiple times during the day. The public bus was fine though - we rode that part way at one point. We didn't try to access any beaches around the Quepos marina construction - it wasn't clear where they were or if you were allowed to go on them. If it's straight beach time you want, then you might want to move closer to Manuel Antonio. If you're looking for something lower key off the beaten path, then Las Cascadas might be right for you. You might ask about any special prices - we got a break for a last-mnute booking and that clinched the deal for us over other MA hotels. When the marina is built, we'd bet that Las Cascadas will be in a great location.
We'd recommend Las Cascadas to folks not wedded to beach time or partying in town. For what we paid, we felt we got a good value, but other might feel differently, particularly if they had paid the full price showing on the website and weren't aware of the location/construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Cascadas “The Falls” is family-owned Boutique Hotel located in the Town of Quepos, just minutes away from the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park and all its wonders. Our Hotel offers individually designed accommodations with options on one, two or three bedrooms, all with a tropical elegance design, we give you the ideal natural environment for family vacation, romantic getaway or business travel. The convenient location of Condotel Las Cascadas “The Falls” offers an incomparable natural setting on lushly landscapes with ocean views from some of our rooms, only three hours away from Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose. Enjoy endless summers with near perfect weather, balmy trade winds, and blue waters on a vacation in Costa Rica – the beauty is all yours to explore and experience. Condotel Las Cascadas “The Falls” is situated in one of the most popular tourist destinations in all Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio National Park, here you can experience the true essence of the area, sloths, white-faced monkeys and howler monkeys are part of the wildlife that you will get to see inside the park, this among countless tropical flora of Costa Rica. The Hotel is located within walking distance from Nahomi Bay, (perfect sunset spot), Quepos Town, where all the small shops, supermarkets, pharmacies and other facilities are situated and the famous Marina Pez Vela is where you will find the area’s best restaurants, all with different options of Food & Beverages and a gorgeous ocean views. The stunning waters of the Pacific Ocean create a wonderful setting for Tours & Activities, such as snorkeling, sailing, stand up paddle boarding, and scuba diving, for the adventurers souls, tours like canopy (zip-line), white water rafting, ATV’s are always available for our guests. Quepos is among the world’s top destinations for Sport Fishing. Home of the 2017 Offshore World Championship. If you believe the surrounding beauty of the Manuel Antonio National Park and the offshore islands are overwhelming, just imagine how you will feel catching a giant blue marlin! Condotel Las Cascadas “The Falls” is perfectly integrated into the lush tropical environment and provides a comfortable and private retreat. Visit Costa Rica, Explore Manuel Antonio and stay at Condotel Las Cascadas “The Falls”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Las Cascadas The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Las Cascadas The Falls Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park