Just over a year ago, I discovered a hidden jewel nestled within a lush tropical rainforest, Condotel Las Cascadas. Since my first trip to Costa Rica in May 2012, I have returned twice more to explore many parts of this beautiful country. I have fallen in love with the scenic vistas, awesome wildlife and most of all the beautiful caring people. Each trip, I spend several days with Gary, Catalina and their family at Las Cascadas and my visit exceeds my expectations every time.
Whenever family and friends ask me where they should stay when visiting Manuel Antonio National Park...I quickly tell them without hesitation Las Cascadas. There may be other places to stay in the area; however, in my extensive travels I have never found another place which compares to the warmth that I feel when I visit my new friends at their charming, boutique hotel. Las Cascadas reminds me of my time spent at New England's historical inns, U.S. where you feel more like family then a faceless guest. While I typically spend the days hiking through the national park or sailfishing from the nearby Marina, I spend most nights at Las Cascadas meeting the other guests from around the world having drinks and relaxing by the pool in the outside cantina.
Gary and Catalina have always been generous and gracious hosts who give willingly of their time and offer advice on local activities. A scrumptious breakfast consisting of fresh fruits, juices, omelets, banana/coconut pancakes, and smoked salmon and bagels are served daily by the poolside or at another private setting of your choice.
Any guest who stays at Las Cascadas will agree that over the past two decades Gary and Catalina have poured their heart and soul into transforming their property into an amazing sanctuary. Shielded within a beautiful rainforest it appears that Las Cascadas has existed since the beginning of time. Although, built in stages their vision has remained constant throughout the years. From recent photos I have seen, they have given a new, stylish, fresh face to some of their older rooms. The property’s open design built on sloped terraces, use of windows to accentuate vistas, waterfall and painted murals in the pool area, a rock fountain in the Penthouse Suite, and use of woods and earth tones within each of the condos are only some of the examples of how Gary and Catalina have succeeded at bringing the outdoors indoors.
Gary and Catalina….Mis Amigos, thank you once again for opening your home and I can’t wait until our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful family-owned vacation rentals with several options to suit your group's needs. We offer 1,2 or 3 bedroom suites with A/C, WiFi and access to our pool with terrace and waterfall. Some units are available with kitchen, living room, cable TV, living room, ocean view, and outdoor terrace with lounging area, mini-bar and ocean view. A ten minute walk to town, oceanfront, and a snorkeling cove. Peaceful location on the edge of the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Condotel Las Cascadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condotel Las Cascadas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Condotel Las Cascadas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park