La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows
Hotel Plaza Yara(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$110
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Breakfast included
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$315
Travelocity
El Faro Beach Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$187
$63
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$290
$168
Hotel La Colina(Manuel Antonio)
$59
$52
Travelocity
Hotel Costa Verde(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$158
$147
Travelocity
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$495
Travelocity
Mango Moon Villa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$78
Travelocity
All reviewsmonkey roompark entrancefriendly deermanuel antonio national parkcosta ricapublic beachother guestsminute walk to the beachhot breakfastevery morningclosest hotelboogie boardssmall poolsquirrel monkeysma parkhome away from homesmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2007

My husband, son and I stayed here for two nights and loved La Posada. It borders Manuel Antonio park, and seems to have all the wildlife. While we were there, we saw a rare three toed sloth climb up a tree. Also about 30 rare squirrel monkeys came and hang out with us for a few hours. The monkeys were so animated to watch and my son enjoyed playing with them. Bambi the deer also visited on a few occasions. The lizards and iguanas were everywhere too. Our room was clean and the a/c worked well. It was also soundproof, which is important to us since both my husband and myself are light sleepers (translated, certified insomniacs). Jonathan made the best pizzas and salads. The breakfasts were also plentiful and delicious and the coffee was ready early (by 6:00). But the best thing about La Posada is the owner, Mike. He is so warm and friendly and immediately makes you feel at home. While we where there, he was in the process of attempting to domensticate a new bird, the new Mr. Macho, since the old Mr. Macho had gotten eaten by a snake while sleeping in his cage outside. The beach is a quick two minute walk from the hotel and the entrance to the park is about a four minute walk. We were disappointed when we went to the park because we saw and got closer to more animals at La Posada than we did at the park. Still, it is a nice walk and the beaches in the park are beautiful. The park exit is right at La Posada which we were delighted to see since we had walked three hours and were ready to relax.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank susaneobrien
Reviewed February 25, 2007

As most travelers would, I had very high expectations of La Posada given the reviews on tripadvisor, and I am thrilled to say that those expectations were exceeded in so many ways. There is no need to go anywhere else in Manuel Antonio for accommodations, and I would submit, there is no need to go anywhere else in the world besides La Posada. We stayed six nights, and every single moment spent on the property was savored. We were truly blessed to be able to stay at such an incredible place.

The bungalows are spotless, and cleaner than my house will ever be. Seeing the staff beat my flip flops against the wall to get the last bit of sand out of them was a remarkable experience, and seeing the pride the cleaning staff took in their work was just awesome. They tidied, they cleaned, they left the bungalow looking brand new every day. I felt bad leaving my dirty clothes around, knowing they would be neatly folded the next day. None-the-less, they seemed happy to do their job, and why wouldn't they? They work for an awesome boss in a beautiful corner of the world.

The pool, for both cooling off and hanging out was a great place, as was the porch where delicious breakfasts, great pizza and delicious drinks were served. The porch was also a great place to hang out and socialize in this small accommodation.

Mike is just, well, one of the kindest, most genuine people I've ever met, and I've met a lot of people. One night, he took us and a family staying at the hotel out for a great dinner and dancing, and then around to a few local nightspots for some drinks. He clearly loves what he does, and more importantly, knows how to host. Funny, intelligent and warm, Mike rolls out the red carpet for his guests in any way he can. I feel as though we've made a new friend!!!!

It is clear why La Posada is the number one place to stay in Manuel Antonio, and I will return as quickly as I can.

Carol, Francyne, Michael, Elvis and Jonathan, the staff of this little community, set a standard for hospitality that is just unknown in America, and we thank them for their incredible work and their friendliness. And we thanks Jonathan especially for his pizza and generous margheritas.

At the risk of sounding overblown, I will say that this was the best vacation I've ever had, and I owe it all to the staff and the wonder that is La Posada.

Stayed: February 2007
10  Thank MITCHonthgo
Reviewed February 25, 2007

My husband and I just got back from Costa Rica. We found Manuel Antonio to be a very special place with a beautiful beach, gorgeous rainforest, and cute restaurants all in close walking distance from La Posada. The staff was warm and helpful, the breakfasts were great, and the rooms very cute and within our budget. We loved the bungalows best. Mike and Johnathon made us feel at home and we wished we could have stayed longer so are going back next year!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TrainerGayle
Reviewed February 24, 2007

We atayed at La Posada for 6 nights mid February and had a great stay. Mike, the owner was most hospitable, and a very friendly host. He made his guests feel like they were friends that came to visit.

The staff at La Posada were also very friendly, and really caring. They also treat the guests as family that have come to experience their wonderful town for the first time. They added to making the stay at La Posada really memorable.

The location of La Posada is really incredible, backing onto the National Park. Every day at 4:00 pm the monkeys would come to visit. They loved to show off and really put on a show. We were also graced with "Bambi", a gentle, and beautiful deer from the jungle almost every day as well. There were many lizards, and colorful birds that surprised us each day.

The pool is small, but refreshing after a day at the beach. There are pleanty of chairs and loungers to get comfortable on.

Overall, the stay here was really wonderful. It's in a great location, with great people running it. We would recommend this small, personable hotel to anyone. The bungalows are filled with many " extra's", as Mike has paid alot ot attention to detail.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank robrick
Reviewed February 12, 2007

We had been on a two-week tour of Costa Rica and wanted a few days at a quiet spot near to the beach and park to relax. La Posada "fit the bill" perfectly. Mike, the owner, and his staff made us feel that we were visitors to their home rather than paying guests. From the wonderful breaktfasts to Jonathan's excellent thin-crust pizza, you feel like you don't even need to go to any of the excellent restaurants (with lots of recommendations from Mike). I can't comment on the nightlife as we are "early to bed, early to rise" people - even on vacation. The property is lovely with the pool, jacuzzi and open air area where meals are served.

As LaPosada borders the park, every afternoon monkeys will appear. We saw both the white-face and squirrel monkeys. The young squirrel monkeys are very curious, as I was watching them they were equally observing me. As they know LaPosada is a safe place for them, they will stay and play for a long time. A local deer also shows up - there is a supply of soda crackers for her which she gladly eats. One day I even got to see her baby.

One day, after we had taken the bus (about 25 cents) into town, we were waiting at the bus stop to return to LaPosada. Mike spotted us and stopped to give us a ride back. He also offered us a ride to Quespos (a town about 7 km away) as he went frequently. He really takes care of his guests and does everything he can to make your stay an extremely fun, relaxing and wonderful experience. I loved Cost Rica and my stay at LaPosada was the highlight for me.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family