“Amazing Yoga with Amber”

The Center for Epic Living
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A one stop shop for the local and global community to learn the artful ways of healthy lifestyle design. A place to let loose in fiery salsa lessons, find peace in sunset yoga, ignite your core in pilates, pick up a huge box of organic produce, slip into bamboo active wear and learn how to whip up delicious plant based meals for yourself and others. All while connecting with others and learning the skills necessary to protect and nurture our planet. Offering: -Personal Training and Health Coaching -Daily drop in classes in yoga, pilates, dance and nutrition. -Workshops and Retreats with local and international experts -Live-Streamed Online Classes and Workshops -Eco-Boutique with Superfoods, Yoga Wear, Local Jewelry and more. -Organic Local Produce Box Service -RawVegan and Vegan Resources and Community Events
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Alexandria, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing Yoga with Amber”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Amazing yoga today with Amber, owner of Epic Living in Manuel Antonio. Beautiful yogi, beautiful space, beautiful ocean views, all add up to beautiful experience.

Om shanti,
Ganesh

Visited February 2014

Canton, Georgia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A must attend location for yoga”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The center for epic living is located in Manuel Antonio and affords a great view of the Pacific ocean while you are getting your yoga groove on.The owner and lead instructor ,Amber,is a 20 year veteran of ballet and dance from California.Her lithe toned body and prima ballerina face are on par with the view and her attentive instructions to all levels of yoga devotees make this a cannot miss location for Pilates and yoga.My wife and I attended both types of classes and enjoyed them immensely.Emily the always happy and smiling intern is a joy to see upon entering this studio.We only regret our week went by way too fast .For the men out there I am a 57 year old male ,a sportsman, with a body scarred and pinned together from a lifetime of activity.She is great on having you respect your body and offers modifications on poses for those physically challenged or injured.The best money you can spend in Manuel.

Visited January 2014
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I am fairly new to yoga. I know lots of poses and can participate in an all-level class but get nervous it may move too fast or there will be too many advance moves (binds, inversions). This class was great for everyone. I loved the sequencing, pace and flow. Amber is an excellent teacher -providing very helpful and detailed cues so that the student could experience the proper alignment and form. The studio is lovely -- brand new room, with a mirror, lots of light and a view of the ocean. I am looking forward to returning tomorrow!

Visited January 2014
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent for all levels”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am new to yoga since coming to Manuel Antonio in December. I practiced bikram yoga for about a year almost a decade ago and nothing since. I wasn't sure my 50 plus year old, recently retired, recent ex-smoker, over stressed body was ready to commit, but I have found Amber's techniques of vinyasa yoga and fusion yoga/Pilates to be challenging and attainable. I have learned with my daily practices, felt welcomed and encouraged to move and grow at my own pace. I have seen almost immediate improvement in my stamina, strength and clarity.
The studio is clean, has breathtaking views of the Manuel Antonio Park and Pacific Ocean, a organic produce program, and holistic products to purchase. Very impressed with the depth of knowledge and variety of activities that the staff and studio is offering. Tourists and locals all seem equally welcome. Not sure how this internationally known nutritionist, dancer, yoga instructor ended up in this piece of paradise, but my body and soul are sure glad she did.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bonanzau
San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best place in Manuel Antonio for Yoga and Pilates”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been living in Costa Rica for several years and visit Manuel Antonio often. I've taken Yoga classes at several studios in Costa Rica over the years, but I must say that the studio at The Center for Epic Living is not only my favorite, its by far the cleanest and nicest studio I've been to in all of Costa Rica.. And from the studio's floor to ceiling glass windows you can see the ocean and watch amazing sunsets while taking a class with Amber (the owner) or one of the guest teachers. This is also a great place for Yoga and Pilates teachers to host retreats, since there are several hotels within walking distance (two located directly across the street), and its also located near shops, restaurants, cafes and a quick 2 minute drive to several of Costa Rica's most beautiful beaches, including Playa Espadilla and Playa Biesanz. Next time you're in Manuel Antonio, stop in to The Center for Epic Living to take a Yoga or Pilates class or pick up natural foods and health products at their store!

Visited December 2013