“Highly recommend, loved every second.”
Review of Mango Moon Villa

Mango Moon Villa
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
“Highly recommend, loved every second.”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for nights. They had live music, the atmosphere was amazing, the staff was very happy to help and answer any questions we had, the owner donna was the best host, we really enjoyed our stay, beautiful rooms and amazing views!!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank isaac b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This place was amazing the owner Donna is so nice and down to earth felt very comfortable,
she even drove my friends and I down and dropped us off at a local beach.
the bedding in our room was a little musty and stirred up my allergies but even with that in mind I would go back in a heart beat the view and the monkeys coming and running around the porch and the cool games they have you can borrow and we were told they jam out with music some nights.
the hotel was just over all amazing there can be some small draw backs with the rooms but your never in the room long enough anyway , but when the owner is as awesome as Donna is you can see past it all. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank anne k
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed for two nights at Hotel Mango Moon near Manuel Antonio National Park. The first thing you see is a breathtaking view of the ocean from the terrace. As you settle in, you'll find there's a path down to a secluded beach. But the clincher for me was seeing wild white faced capuchin monkeys swinging through the trees on the hotel grounds in the late afternoon - what an awesome sight!

The hotel is conveniently located just a short walk uphill (3 min) to the main road, where there are some good restaurants, a small grocery store, and a bus stop to MA. However, it is far enough away to avoid the main road's noise. The owner Donna is a great host and organizes a Friday night music party with the locals.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Richard H
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I ended up at the Mango Moon after leaving our first not-so-great hotel. Because we didn't have reservations, we had to move rooms a couple of times during our six-night stay, but it was well worth it. Each move was an upgrade. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the bathrooms were great. The views are amazing, especially from the restaurant area at sunset.

The breakfast is delicious, and looking over the ocean while eating fresh fruit is a pretty great way to start your day. Christian, the cook, also cooks great lettuce wraps, fish tacos, etc. Arlene, another employee, is so helpful and kind and makes a great margarita. Happy hour is a good time, and the Friday night party is an experience to be had. Local musicians come and play starting at 7 pm. You do not want to miss this.

Donna, the owner, is so friendly and runs a great business. Customer service is definitely at the top of her priority list. Not only is she accommodating while on-site, she is more than willing to suggest activities in the area and book tours if you want. Her dog, Manga, is also the sweetest pet, especially for two travelers missing their puppy at home.

The hotel itself is great - from the rooms to the food - but what puts Mango Moon over the top is the staff. So helpful, friendly, and welcoming. When I take my next trip to Manuel Antonio, I will definitely return to Mango Moon - next time with reservations.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarperMaddox
Matlacha, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I had a short one night stop over in Manuel Antonio National Park just outside of Quepos, Costa Rica. The Mango Moon Hotel was an excellent surprise! The views are breathtaking and indescribable. The owner, Donna, could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. We had an excellent breakfast in the morning. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We walked in expecting a hotel. There was the checkin counter, a bar, a breakfast area overlooking the pool and the ocean, just a few rooms. We found it was much more that that. As we stayed there we found it to be a home away from home. Early morning we got coffee from the dining area and sat by the pool. Our routine was, a day of beach and excursions coming back tired, petting Manga the owners dog who always came to greet us, saying hi to the cat Gracie, chatting with Donna the owners. The bar and kitchen was always open. Donna and Arlene were always very helpful and accommodating. I must say that Donna the owner made us feel very welcome and spent the time to talk to us every day. A true Costa Rica experience...

Room Tip: We stayed at the Iguana Pad room. - a 2 BR overlooking the ocean and pool on ground floor....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a week at mango moon & our experience could not have been better! We spent 8 days in the toucan terrace room at the hotel and I believe if we stayed somewhere else in Manuel Antonio our trip wouldn't have been as perfect as it was at mango moon. First, Donna, the owner, treats you like you're a friend, not a guest at her B&B. Every tip she gave us was spot on! So, if you have any ?s about where to go, what to do, ASK HER! She knows her stuff. The low key, down to earth atmosphere at the hotel was great! Even the other people staying at the hotel had that same type of personality...it was like we were all looking for the same thing! Meeting the other guests also made our stay that much better. Friday nights they have live music and a lot of locals come out and everyone we met was so nice & thankful we were visiting their area. It was our favorite night at the hotel since we could have some drinks (the mojito is soo good) than walk right up to bed!
The food was very good. We preferred to eat some other places for dinner here and there to change things up but we had breakfast daily and you can substitute the continental they offer for another item on the menu for $4 or $5. Everything we ate was fresh.
One of the best parts of the whole stay were the monkeys!!! Everyday they would come like clockwork. We saw more wildlife at the hotel than in the national park! It was so cute. I'm not a morning person and every morning I'd wake up early just to see them! All three specious they have in Manuel Antonio came to mango moon! The view the hotel has does not get old! We sat had drinks or our meal staring at the water and sunsets. It's so relaxing, I could have sat all day!
I could go on & on about how great our stay was but I don't want to bore anyone, just go see for yourself and I promise you won't be disappointed! We are already trying to plan our next trip back!!

Room Tip: Toucan terrace had a great view! (Although I feel most rooms had a view) Average size room, nice siz...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple