“Fabulous vacation spot”

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Lubbock, Texas
“Fabulous vacation spot”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

For our first time in Costa Rica, Mango Moon made us feel welcomed and comfortable. Such genuine people and excellent customer service! They were able to make our honeymoon fabulous with fun excursions and great advice on nearby restaurants. Such a peaceful and romantic place with a serene view that cant be beat. An added bonus was the excellent meal prepared from the fish we caught on our deep fishing excursion. Thank you Rigo, Arlyn, and Tito for such an amazing experience!

Room Tip: Check the website and email the hotel for exact room descriptions. Rooms on the top floor seem to be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charlestown, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 25, 2012

These people were the only dishonest people we meet in all of Costa Rica. We booked Mango Moon months in advance, 2 rooms, 2 people each room. We called the morning of arrival to make sure rooms were all set and were told everything was fine. It was not! We arrived in the afternoon, the beds were not made, the bathroom was filthy and in one room the AC was broken. We found out it had been broken for 2 days! We did not stay and were told our deposit would be returned. It never was! The hotel was small and smelled like dog, no management on duty and very close to the street. Stay away from Mango Moon...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig M
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was one of my first of many stops when arriving in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. I was really excited to be able to bring my trained Australian shepherd along for my adventure. And Boy was I glad to find a Romantically hidden away Paradise was pet friendly. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by the Manager and the staff. They were prompt to pet my best friend and make US feel welcome. I know many people may not travel with their pets due to OTHER bad experiences with hotels NOT allowing pets. WOW.. what a great experience and a tranquil place to share my experiences with all the nature all around.. The natural trail to the private beach made the adventure even more surreal because of its secluded tropical location... the water was great. Upon arriving back to the hotel, a quick shower in the outdoor shower that is located near the TIKI BAR next to the pool, then a jump into the pool for a sunset of a lifetime. The rooms were decorated and VERY COMFORTABLE.. MADE ME FEEL like I was HOME. And having my favorite foods prepared by TITO(Manager) was very personal and D'LISH!!
After staying in Manuel Antonio for 5 months... I can say that there isn't a MORE PERSONAL private location with such sunsets as these... and We've seen alot of great places.. but We will FOREVER REMEMBER the Great time we had when staying here. TOTALLY RECOMMEND This to ANY of my many friends wanting to experience a GREAT, FRIENDLY, ROMANTIC, RESTFUL stay!! And ITS ON MY TO DO AGAIN LIST... UP AT THE TOP!!!!!!! Be sure to ask about all the available TOURS and things to do within just a few minutes walk!! Great FOOD EVERYWHERE!!!

Room Tip: Be specific on what your trip will entail and they will help you choose the BEST one for your stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff. Lovely rooms. Nice pool. Peaceful location. Amazing views over the bay. Could spend hours watching monkeys play in the trees while the sunset lights up the sky every evening. Would stay here again if I went back to Costa Rica. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012
Rehovot, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had to write a review about this amazing place my wife and I encountered on our honeymoon.
We just arrived to Manuel Antonio and we were looking for a place to stay.
Tito (the owner) welcomed us with a great big smile and awesome music in the background, we felt like that this is a great spot to end our trip and boy oh boy we were right ;-)
Great quality food and drinks and unbelievable service!!!
When we were there (October 2012) it wasn't busy at all so Tito basically asked everyday what do we want to eat and actually prepared it for us, how cool is that?!
It is really hard to describe in words the experience of the Mango Moon so just go, you won't regret it!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be stingy and take a room with a view, it cost a little bit more but it is definitely wort...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ohad G
Jaco, Costa Rica
Reviewed October 1, 2012

By far my best experience in costa rica. the suite was clean, well stocked, and very comfortable. with a view that was unbeatable. the food was some of the best ive had in the area. the staff was amazing. very service oriented but liked to have fun and entertain the guests. all around wonderful experience that i would return to anytime i get the chance. Thank you mango moon for an unforgettable weekend

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sean R
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's hard to find the right words to describe this amazing place!!! The views were breath-taking, the staff was very attentive, accommodating and extremely entertaining. I experienced all that before I even made it to my suite. My suite was perfection!!! The bed was right out of a tropical fairy tale, it was very cozy, and inviting. I especially love the hammock on my balcony (which I was happy to use as often as I could!). The food was excellent, and the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff to every detail, was more than I could have hoped for! I loved the location because I was able to explore both sides of the island by foot. If I ever got tired, hungry or thirsty during these explorations, there was always a restaurant nearby and/or a taxi to take me back to the hotel.
When I return to Costa Rica, I will definitely return to The Mango Moon!

Room Tip: I love the Gecko Suite