“Heaven on earth”

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Rehovot, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had to write a review about this amazing place my wife and I encountered on our honeymoon.
We just arrived to Manuel Antonio and we were looking for a place to stay.
Tito (the owner) welcomed us with a great big smile and awesome music in the background, we felt like that this is a great spot to end our trip and boy oh boy we were right ;-)
Great quality food and drinks and unbelievable service!!!
When we were there (October 2012) it wasn't busy at all so Tito basically asked everyday what do we want to eat and actually prepared it for us, how cool is that?!
It is really hard to describe in words the experience of the Mango Moon so just go, you won't regret it!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be stingy and take a room with a view, it cost a little bit more but it is definitely wort...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ohad G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Jaco, Costa Rica
Reviewed October 1, 2012

By far my best experience in costa rica. the suite was clean, well stocked, and very comfortable. with a view that was unbeatable. the food was some of the best ive had in the area. the staff was amazing. very service oriented but liked to have fun and entertain the guests. all around wonderful experience that i would return to anytime i get the chance. Thank you mango moon for an unforgettable weekend

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sean R
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's hard to find the right words to describe this amazing place!!! The views were breath-taking, the staff was very attentive, accommodating and extremely entertaining. I experienced all that before I even made it to my suite. My suite was perfection!!! The bed was right out of a tropical fairy tale, it was very cozy, and inviting. I especially love the hammock on my balcony (which I was happy to use as often as I could!). The food was excellent, and the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff to every detail, was more than I could have hoped for! I loved the location because I was able to explore both sides of the island by foot. If I ever got tired, hungry or thirsty during these explorations, there was always a restaurant nearby and/or a taxi to take me back to the hotel.
When I return to Costa Rica, I will definitely return to The Mango Moon!

Room Tip: I love the Gecko Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Me and my husband were booked with self drive tour with costarican trails and were very disappointed with hotels offered in Manuel Antonio area with our package. So we booked ourselfs in for 3 nights at mango moon. View was wonderful, staff was even better, mahi mahi quesadilla was amazing! We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Rico was the best thanks for making our honey moon even better!

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

If you ever wanted a small boutique hotel with a knock out view this is it .
Add the lovely and kind staff and you have an un beatable place.
It's an easy walk to a few eating options and 5 min taxi to all surrounding.
Next time we come we definitely would stay here again.
Minor suggestions; no Wifi connection upstairs (extra antena upstairs will fix it)and maybe better noise insulation between rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
Piedras Blancas, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed here twice with my husband and another couple, and it is the perfect spot to unwind, relax, and soak in the ambiance of all that is Manuel Antonio. It's quieter than anywhere else we've stayed there, yet close walking distance to some of the best restaurants and night life in Manuel Antonio. The walk to the beach is steep coming back up, but is well worth the solitude and beauty of the beach! It's a must-do/see. Mango Moon is a romantic little spot, and a great place to pass the time with friends. Tito and the rest of the staff are great too, very helpful for anything you need!

Room Tip: One of the top rooms with a balcony or the Howler's Hangout!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank treehousegirl
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were extremely disappointed upon arriving at Mango Moon and what we encountered.

We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun) in June and left after 20 minutes.... the rooms were not even ready and STILL DIRTY (despite we confirmed the reservation earlier that morning)

We arrived at 5:30pm to a very casual, untidy front area....
When we were shown our 2 rooms by a man at the front desk -in a dirty white sleeveless top and a towel draped over his shoulder, we were amazed this was the front desk personnel. It seemed very unprofessional. The only other people we saw at the Mango Moon were 2 dogs playing on the floor and a teenager hanging out. Where were the other guests? Where was the manager? So uninviting and quiet for sunset hour and a Friday at that. It felt like an abandoned place.

On the Positive, Yes, the monkeys were cute and climbing over all the roofs. I saw little baby moneys which were darling. The tables in the bar-restaurant were cutely decorated and the view of the water surrounded by trees nice but.....

As I passed by a prep room which was located just behind the bar it looked really unsanitary. I used one of the bathrooms next to the bar and it reeked of urine.

Neither the "Tiki Titi" or "Howler Hangout" Rooms were ready or clean. It was gross. Dirty linens on the floor, bare, unmade bed. Hot, stuffy rooms not cleaned and tired looking and.... not at all what the website conveyed. We were really surprised considering check started many hours earlier and we even confirmed over the phone our rooms earlier that morning.

When we told this man that the rooms weren't made up he peeked in the rooms and said, "oh yeah, you're right" "I'll have someone make them up"
What? It's 5:30pm and no one is even here. Unexceptable.

We told him we weren't happy, the rooms aren't made and are dirty and we are going to leave and would like a refund. He said, "sure, I don't blame you"

We asked where Lindsey whom we made the reservation with and was really helpful through emails and via phone he said, "she no longer works here"

We asked where the manager was and he said, "In San Jose"

We asked where Donna, the owner, was and he said, "in the States"

So essentially, no one but 2 dogs, this man and a teenager were running the place for the weekend. Hmmmm.

We ended up only getting part of our money back and have had really sketchy email responses back from Mango Moon since then. Really disappointing.

After researching where to stay in Manuel Antonio with my family, this place seemed like the perfect match. Small, boutique like, no screaming children, sweet pool, cute rooms with lovely views. Monkeys everywhere. View of water, etc etc. IT IS NOT SO. Please beware so you don't get the same treatment.

"Tiki Titi" and "Howler Hangout" or not what the web pictures suggests.

The management are not fully invested in this property and have very low standards of unkeep, cleanness, customer service and follow-through.

I don't care how many cute monkeys you'll see off your balcony, this Hotel seems to only be run by them.

Room Tip: Not as described on website and management non existent.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family