“Fantastic lunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited here for late lunch. Falafel was very tasty, pitta fresh and girl who served us was great.

Would definitely go again!

There are newer reviews for Manuel Antonio Falafel Bar

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I live in the Quepos area, and I was very excited when this place opened! The owner is very nice, and I think she has done a great job with the place. Such a nice open-air seating area, ocean views, laid back decor, and good food... how could you go wrong! I have only tried the falafel pita, and the schnitzel, so I can't speak for the other items on the menu, but these were both very good! I personally like the schnitzel better than the falafel, but I'm more of a chicken person. You can pick whatever you want to put in the pita, from the fresh salad bar. She also has great homemade "hot sauce." She calls it something, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I know there is a green one and a red one, and both give a nice kick to the pita of your choice. The hummus is also delicious and she makes the BEST homemade challah bread! I will eat here time and time again!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I must admit that eating falafel in Costa Rica was never on my to-do list. After eating in Falafel Bar i am recommending it to every person that wants to enjoy one of the best falafels he ever tasted. Falafel Bar was not only tasty, it is by far one of the most welcoming and friendly places in Manuel Antonio. Great venue, the best falafel, friendly people and fair prices. Thank you guys!

1  Thank Brad M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

it is soooo good to have an Israeli restaurant in Manuel Antonio... being from Israeli descent, I feel right at home when I walk into the Falafel Bar. First off the owners are so amazing, welcoming kind-hearted people, easy to love... The food is also made with so much love and care you can taste it in every bite, and not to mention the uniquely delicious menu options that you can't get anywhere for miles away! Like the Schnitzel, Shakshooka.. yummmy!!! Michal also makes homemade tahini cookies and challah bread which is impossible to find here. Seriously feels like home. I love this place and will continue to eat there and OFTEN! YUM!

1  Thank onelove55
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My daughter and I went to check out the Falafel Bar last June and again in July, and I assure you that were we still living in Manuel Antonio, we'd have been back many more times. I love Middle Eastern/Mediterranean Cuisine and this was outstanding. The food is not just fresh, but the falafel are freshly cooked while you are there so the whole pita sandwich is piping hot while crispy fresh. For those who complain that it is not a restaurant, you are right, it isn't, but in M.A. we have many drop in, order at the counter places, and it suits the kind of people we are. For visitors, this is a great place, simply because it is a place to get something quick to eat and delicious, at a good price. On the whole, it is a lovely place, well designed to use its space in a comfortable and visually refreshing manner, in an incredible location, easy to find, easy to get too and if you have a car, well then park on the roadside like everyone else does.

1  Thank SKK7