“Awesome experience!”

Paddle 9
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had a great time paddling with Brian, Mike and Matt. We toured the Mangroves in Damas island near Quepos. Quietly paddle boarding through the mature mangroves is quite surreal: mysteriously calm water, crabs crawling around the tree roots and capuchin monkeys hopping around the trees. This is a great trip if you want to get a workout in and see a different side of the Manuel Antonio area. You can tell that the owners really are passionate about paddle boarding and want to share this with others. I hope to be back in the area in the near future, and I will definitely be booking a trip with these guys.

1  Thank ColoradoMatteo

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went on a number of tours and excursions with different companies during my trip to Costa Rica, and none compared to Paddle 9. Based on the experience we were looking for, Matt and Brian recommended the perfect hike through the rainforest to tour some amazing waterfalls. Swimming under and jumping off of waterfalls was absolutely awesome, but on this sort of tour the guides can make or break the experience. Matt and Brian are fun and easy to hang out with and they knew exactly how to cater the experience to our interests. We could not have been happier. I was only disappointed that I didn't find Paddle 9 sooner because then I would have avoided some of the other tour companies in Manuel Antonio

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were looking for a unique experience during our trip to Costa Rica, and Matt and Bryan provided us with some incredible memories! We were able to visit waterfalls we would have never found on our own, and even go waterfall climbing and swimming-- AMAZING! They are a professional and friendly duo that will do everything they can to accomodate exactly what you want to get out of your experience on the water and on land. Go check them out, I PROMISE you won't be disappointed and you'll walk away with priceless memories!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Costa Rica for only four days. Thanks to email contact with Matty, the paddle 9 guys had a whole slew of tours ready to go for us. They took us on two separate waterfall hikes, a beach off the beaten path with these incredible caves.They took us to their local morning SUP work out class, to the beach in Manuel Antonio, to local surf breaks. Anything we wanted to do solo, they still gave us a ton of information and even hooked us up with people they knew for surfboards making it really affordable. They recommend the best places to eat and took us to great places that only the locals would know.

Brian and Matty made the whole trip fun, exciting, and made it feel like a home away from home. I recommend their tour company to anyone heading to Costa. Even if your not headed to Manuel Antonio area, you should make one day to stop in and take a tour with Paddle 9.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

30min SUP Workout on the board in the ocean, 30min SUP back. Was a lot of fun and will go again on Wednesday.