“Best. Food. Ever.”

Cuisines: International, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unico y original
Reviewed September 7, 2014

This place is amazing. Food cooked in and over wood fired coals. My wife and I got the beef tenderloin and jumbo shrimp, and split it with each other. The baked potatoes are cooked in the coals and it has this chipotle butter sauce on it. Oh my gosh. The food was soooooo good. From the drinks, appetizers, entree and dessert we were delighted with each part. We walked out completely stuffed and satisfied with our experience. You should definitely eat here!

Reviewed September 3, 2014

This restaurant is on the main road to Manual Antonio, but is a little hard to find. We asked the people down the street at the Milagro Cafe and they explained how to find it. But once you know it's there – no problem. As other reviews have said – don't be put off by the front. Once you get inside, it's a beautiful, open air, restaurant with a lovely view of the forest and ocean. Most offerings are grilled – seafood, pork, beef, accompanied by grilled vegetables. Oh my goodness, whatever the marinade is that they use – it's amazing. We loved everything we had there. Prices are about what you'd expect given the area – not super expensive, but not inexpensive either. However, the four of us split two entrees and an appetizer and were perfectly satisfied. Service was good, restaurant very pretty, view terrific, and the food great!

1  Thank washingtondcfan
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I definitely recommend El Lagarto for dinner. Food was delicious, drinks were refreshing, and the aroma from that awesome oven is mouth watering.

we had a great surf & turf meal for 2, and it was perfect..there was not one scrap of food left on the table. Lobster and steak cooked to perfection, barely enough room for dessert...but we managed and that too was delicious. The waitress was very kind and helpful and called our cab driver and he was ready and waiting for us before we paid our bill.

Don't mind the geckos..they are everywhere in Costa Rica..just enjoy the sights sounds and tastes of Costa Rica...and this place is a great spot for all 3.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

It has Great atmosphere, delicious food, outstanding view. I had a meal that includes a little of everything in the Menu, if transportation is needed the owner provides a free shuttle with previous call

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I titled this BAM! because next to eating at Emeril Lagasse's restaurants in New Orleans, this food was the best I'd ever had. My family (21) of us went at the recommendation of our resort owners, Paula and Clark. They did NOT steer us wrong! Everything that everyone ordered was delicious. Everything is cooked on an open firepit and its a meal that you'll have to wait for but I promise it's worth the wait. Go early, watch the sunset, have some cocktails, and enjoy the company you're with until the food arrives. If you're like our family, you'll be planning your second visit after the first bite!