“Fish and Chips were the best I've had in years”
Review of El Gato Pescador - CLOSED

El Gato Pescador
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Authentic fish & chips, all local ingredients, made fresh to order, our fish is beer battered, choose filet, fish balls or shrimp,choose tartar or chipotle sauce, combos served with cole slaw, choose fries or onion rings.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I usually order fish and chips when available on a menu. I am almost always disappointed, yet with eternal hope I continue to try. I was not disappointed at all with El Gato Pescador Fish and Chips. The fresh red snapper is dipped in freshly made beer batter for each order, the onion rings are as well. I had the fish and shrimp combination. The shrimp were not bad, but it was the fish that was over the top good.

The great: Best tempora style beer batter fish I have had in a very long time
The fair: The place is very small with very little atmosphere, be prepared for a casual dining experience. "

The signs I saw that lead us to to "El Gato Pescador" simple said "Fish and Chips" I think they should change their name to "Fish and Chips", that is what they are all about. The current name might suggest that they serve catfish... that is far from what they serve. They serve fresh beer batter snapper, and it is delicious

I would definitely eat there again and would recommend this to family and friends.

There are newer reviews for El Gato Pescador

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Loved this place! Everything is made fresh and fried to perfection. We had the fish, shrimp, onion rings and fries and all were perfectly seasoned and prepared. Had a lovely visit with the owner and will remember the experience fondly!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had the best lunch - then went back for dinner the next night.... Kids loved it! Highly recommend this place. Can't go wrong with the family Meal. Fish is fresh and OMG try the ONION RINGS
Owners and staff are very lovely and recommended really nice places to visit while on our trip.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not only the fish is fresh and prepared at the moment but its the best service I had during my trip to Manuel Antonio, totally recommended! Great recipe!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Perfect fish and chips (or onion rings) with homemade tartar sauce or an excellent chipotle mayo for some zip. I wasn't fond of the cole slaw that accompanied it (very finely chopped, and flavors did not blend well), but would eat here again. The owners and servers are all very nice and even gave us some tips on local things to do and transportation.