“Hidden Gem”

Gondola Gourmet Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is part of "Plaza Yara" we are located close to Hotel Gaia on the Manuel Antonio Hill, with a beautiful view of the jungle. "The Gondola" features a gourmet Mediterranean style, Good for a romantic dinner. Ths restaurant is also perfect for family groups or special occasions.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We ate here tonight for dinner. This restaurant is tucked in off the main road in Manuel Antonio. It is a quaint little spot with a nice feel. The servers were attentive. The chef even came out to discuss the menu with us and helped us pick out our meal. The food was excellent. Much better Italian food than I expected. I was really surprised. I would recommend trying this place out if you are looking for a quiet setting with great food.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I love Italian food. My husband hates it. But we opted to go to Gondola for Valentines Day. (Isn't he a nice guy?)
Folks, we were in Italy in 2012 and my hubby thought the food was good but not mind blowing. However, after eating Gondola's seafood pasta the hubby declared it was one of the best meals of his life!
We went back two nights later and he ate it again and frankly is still talking about it even though we've now been home for a week.
The chef and the rest of the folks working there are lovely.
Go, you won't regret it.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Fine Italian style food presented from an open kitchen where you can see that the staff have been meticulously trained in the art of food preparation. Like one of the other reviewers I had the fresh tuna which was cooked medium rare and was much to my liking being succulent and tender. But all was not perfect as the stuffed chicken dish my wife had was too seasoned and her vegetables were over salted. To the credit of the chef, they apologized asked if she would like a replacement meal, but eventually settled for a large creme hurled on the house. On another occasion I had the seafood linguine which was very tasty.
This is a restaurant, although attached to the hotel, is frequented by many locals, especially the ex pats, who clearly know where to go for good food.

1  Thank Rhys P
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went here for dinner with my boyfriend. The atmosphere was not that nice as it is in a hotel lobby and tables are kind of awkwardly placed.

I enjoyed being able to watch the cooks and see the pride they take in preparing the dishes.

The food was delicious--I had ravioli--but I felt the portions were small and I left hungry. That was disappointing considering that it was not cheap.

The food is definitely good, but I recommend increasing the portion size and remodeling the setting of the restaurant.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was definitely the best food we had in 0Costa Rica!! The octopus appetizer was delicious and the tuna was the best we'd EVER had! Fresh made ravioli was to die for! But one thing you should be aware of is... The restaurant is open to the parking lot so watch what you say when you're getting out of your vehicle because everyone in the restaurant will hear you. My daughters and I got out of the car and we were making jokes about my husband's park job only to turn around and find the whole restaurant staring at us... A little embarrassing to say the least, but luckily it's a small restaurant :)