“Excellent "Home Cooking"”

Gondola Gourmet Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is part of "Plaza Yara" we are located close to Hotel Gaia on the Manuel Antonio Hill, with a beautiful view of the jungle. "The Gondola" features a gourmet Mediterranean style, Good for a romantic dinner. Ths restaurant is also perfect for family groups or special occasions.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

As with the Victoria Restaurant I felt like I should share my repeated great experiences with the readers of TripAdvisor once again.. I live here and for that reason I am very careful to write about area restaurants and unlike most other reviewers I only write when I find an establishment that is extra-ordinary. La Gondola is such a place. Hidden at the Tres Banderas hotel it is a place that I visit to eat in private with a few friends. No large crowds here, no waiting just the personalized cooking and attention of Silvana. The last few times I have been there I did not even look at the menu and just asked her to fix us whatever she felt like. An appetizer, a main course and a dessert and enough extra plates for everybody to share her outstanding cooking. Everybody has been impressed thus far and this restaurant remains one of my favorite in the area. Make sure to call ahead to let her know you are coming...

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything is great, the food, the service and the place, it was delicious and very nice to enjoy the place too

Reviewed March 29, 2013

For two and a half weeks in Costa Rica the seafood spaghetti at Gondola was by far the best food I encountered. Ask for a lemon to squeeze over it after the the plate is unwrapped from the aluminium foil and you're in heaven. Food made with the love for food that it deserves.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The best place to eat in in our recent trip to Costa Rica. Came off the fishing boat every night and didn't see why we should venture out anywhere else-it was so delicious. The chef/owner Silvana and her crew bent over backwards for us. My wife has some food allergies and they went way out of their way to accommodate us. The food was exceptional, we looked forward to something new every night. Each dish is individually prepared by the chef-a real treat. Although the last evening we ventured out to Quepos for dinner, and it wasn't near the meal we were treated with at Gandola. Have to try the spaghetti alla scoglio.

1  Thank paul b
Reviewed March 6, 2013

When in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, you have to eat at the Gondola Gourmet restaurant. Located in the Hotel Tres Banderas, and recommended by the locals, this small and intimate restaurant made for the perfect evening.
The chef Silvana (who trained in Italy) and her team, took great pride in what they
prepared for our party of four and each of us thoroughly enjoyed the meal we selected. My favorite was the homemade pasta ravioli and the selection of delicious desserts that we all shared. Even though we did not stay there, the hotel itself looked very cozy and comfortable, definitely somewhere we might consider staying on our next trip to Costa Rica.
Tip of the trip : Try to meet the owners - very friendly, hospitable and attentive.