“Amazing Thai food, beautiful view”

Dragonfly Thai Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the flavors of authentic Thai cuisine overlooking Costa Rica's most beautiful beach. Favorites such as fresh spring rolls, Padt Thai, curries & homemade dumplings can all be found at Dragonfly Thai. We offer a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere with spectacular ocean views. Authentic Thai ingredients, fresh local produce, choice seafood & meats. It's a beautiful combination you won't taste anywhere else in Costa Rica!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I visited Manuel Antonio with a group on a tour of Costa Rica. A couple of us decided to break away from our group for dinner and decided to try Dragonfly Thai as we were a bit tired of eating rice and beans!

This has got to be one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever eaten in. The food is incredibly fresh (local caught fish and they use herbs from their own garden) and cooked perfectly. I'm not much of a fish lover but decided to try the Mahi Mahi in coconut panko breadcrumbs - it was absolutely delicious!

Our waitress was so sweet and cheerful and made sure we were happy with our meals. The cocktail range here is pretty diverse and makes a nice change from the usual pina colada, martini etc etc menu at the other beach bars. The view over the pacific ocean is wonderful too.

I fully intend to revisit Manuel Antonio in the future and will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank joanne_psi

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were expecting the usual fare along the Manuel Antonio beach and we found this restaurant and pleasantly surprised. Great location, great view of the beach-ocean from the restaurant. Cool ambience with Buddhist relics. Lunch special is a great deal! We had fresh spring rolls, red curry, and pad Thai. All vegetarian and pretty authentic.

1  Thank Suresh S
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We ran into our waiter,Steve, while he was standing on the street offering menus to passersby when we happened by the restaurant at 4:30 p.m. He promised he would hold a spot for our party of 5 for 7:00 that evening. We were a little dubious since he didn't write down our names or anything. But when we arrived at 7:00 sharp, our table was ready! The owner, Bill, is from Chicago, as are we, so we enjoyed some small talk before we sat down. Bill was even gracious enough to put the NFL playoff game on the TV so my boys and I could keep up with the game. After dinner, Bill stopped by the table and had a drink with us. He told us some interesting stories about how he came to move to Manual Antonio, Costa Rica and his foray into running a restaurant in a new country! Let me tell you about the food! It was delicious! We had Thai "tapas" style and could not get enough of the seared ahi tuna appetizer! Wow! The boys liked the chicken satay a lot and my wife and daughter loved the Beach Bikini Shrimp ! This place is "upstairs" so don't miss it! You won't regret it!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We visited and ate at the Dragonfly one night for dinner that we were staying in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area. The food was a little pricey for thai food, but overall was good. There were five of us dining together, 2 people had the pad thai, which they raved about, another had the mahi crusted dish, which was very good, another had the whole red snapper, which was delicious, and the final person has the seafood stew, which was good but also very spicey.

The food was good, and the view was overlooking the beach at Manuel Antonio, but again was a little pricey. We learned that the prices are a little higher when you go towards the Manuel Antonio area. Even though the food was pricey, I would eat here again.

The one issue I had was that there was a verbal arguement between the manger/owner and the guy playing the guitar for music. Something had happened between the two and they let the whole restaurant know about it, they did not hide a thing. It was not the most comfortable and pleasant experience I want to be around during my vacation.

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am staying in a hotel very close to Manuel Antonio national park. After an activity filled day, free express delivery sounded perfect. When I called to order, the woman on the phone explained that delivery would not be free, but would cost 2,500 colones (5 dollars). No big deal, it seemed like a fair price to pay for delivery service. The food arrived 25 minutes later (very reasonable), but it arrived in a Taxi, not a delivery vehicle. We met the driver in the lobby of our hotel with $45, which covered our food ($39) and the delivery charge the woman had explained. The driver (who did not speak a word of English) demanded an additional 7 dollars (the hotel concierge was translating for us). To avoid the situation escalating, we gave him the additional 7 dollars he demanded. While the food was fine, this kind of service was unexpected, undeserved, and unacceptable.