1,699 results
All reviews playa biesanz lounge bar costa rica pool area real paradise direct access excellent hotel junior suite small beach rain shower pura vida golf cart ocean view steep hill beautiful room happy hour last stop
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2015

I had an outstanding time at Shana. Alban, the manager on duty, and his staff really took care of me. That was my last night at Costa Rica. Alban upgraded my room for free, and took care of my in every way possible when I was there. He let me come back to use the pool, shower and restaurant after I checked out and went to the national park. Because of his information, I saved $66 on the guide at the national park too. The restaurant was fantastic. They have an Italian pizza chef there who made one of the best pizzas I had in my life with a wood fire stone oven. The restaurant manager Rudi was also awesome.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ShanaHotel, Owner at Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Guest,
it so nice to hear that you were very happy in Shana, this will motivate all of us to work better and improove our services.
Thank you very much and we will be more happy if you see you again in Shana.
Happy new year.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

We got dropped off at this beautiful resort ! Checked in and waited two hours for a room ! We just sat at the pool area. Service was ok! Everyone was nice but we still had some trouble communicating. The hotel is located on top of the mountain, therefore everything was very steep and pretty far away from the restaurants.

The awesome part is the room! You really feel like you are part of the rainforest ! The beds are pretty hard :/ and was bad for my pregnant back. The room was clean and restroom was beautiful ! Except for our robes :( which were very dirty but I called for a new one ! The patio balcony makes the entire resort worth it !

We spent some time at the beach next to Shana, which is just a 5 minute walk down ;) the next day we rode a taxi to Manuel Antonio park ! All taxis ride seem to be ten dollars (short or long rides ) I love the park and the beach inside of it !

The resort needs to hire more people at the spa and restaurant ! We wanted to book a couple massage and they had to call someone else, so we waited couple hours for it. I would stay at this resort if there was a deal going on ! And breakfast was phenomenal !!!! The dinner at this restaurant was too pricey for the quality :/

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Melody,
Thank you very much for taking time writing this review about our hotel. We learn every day in life and with your adivces, we will for sure be better in the future. all what you wrote is completly correct and we already worked on many details like for example hiring more staff and all the rest.
Happy new year and hopefully we see you again in shana, we offer repeaters 20 per cent discount, so welcome anytime.
Pura Vida.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

We received a leaflet on our car when we parked it at the beach to come and use the hotel for lunch and spa, plus you were allowed to use the pool.
The pool facility was quiet and just beautiful, the views were spectacular.
There was a sloth hanging out in a tree, not belonging to the property just wild in the tree nearby.
The food was excellent, best seafood pizza we had and we had a coupon for 50% off spa treatments.
Spa was great - my 12 year old daughter and I had Chocolate body scrubs and massage. It was amazing....
If we had more time we would have gone back to this hotel and it was a beautiful view and friendly people with a fabulous view!!

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank toriOary1

Dear Friend,
Thank you very much for visiting Shana Hotel, we appreciate you nice review and we hope that you will visit us more offen. You will be always welcome.
Happy new year.

Reviewed August 21, 2015

The style, the beauty and the colors are making this hotel unique. we have booked the Shana hotel online after reading many reviews on trip advisor and we have found that it is a very very special and nice hotel.
The rooms are spacious with a judge bathroom, I loved the rain shower.
The most important thing in this hotel except the view ,location and beauty is this staff, you feel really like a family, everybody is smiling and helping whenever you need something.
Thank you all and good luck in the future.

1  Thank Jose c
ShanaHotel, Manager at Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2015

Dear Jose,
we are also glad to have you in Shana, your nice review will motivate us to work harder and improove our services.
Thank you and happy new year.

Reviewed August 19, 2015

Check in facilities are limited, but so accomodating. They kindly upgraded one of our rooms to better accomodate a baby and provided a beautiful birthday cake gratis. The pool is large and the water is warm. Towels were provided for both the pool or the beach. The hotel is built on quite an incline but there is golf cart transportation up and down the hill. The bed is extremely hard. Also, we were on the ground floor of the lowest building, a higher floor might provide a better view.

Room tip: Try for a higher floor with an ocean view.
2  Thank tweetyhollo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this positive review. we hope to see you again in shana, we always offer a 20 per cent discount for repeaters.
Happy new year and all the best.