“great food at a good value”
Review of Salt - CLOSED

Salt
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SALT is a true oasis in the jungle. On the way to the National Park, look for the bright black and orange sign on the left hand side - step in and be transported into the rain forest! One of Manuel Antonio's only true "gringo" style restaurants with seafood and Italian specialties inspired by the owner's Brooklyn heritage, where he grew up eating and working in some of NYC's finest restaurants.The setting is the jungle - the service is upscale; but the vibe and the prices are purely down to earth. Start with an appetizer or salad (starting from $9.00) and enjoy a full menu with specialties from the sea and some comfortable pasta dishes - our highest priced entree is only $17.00 - a delectable Ahi Tuna. Like Music? Check us out between 3 and 6 PM every day for Happy Hour where a Jimmy Buffet vibe takes over the airwaves or come in for a candle lit dinner where a new age vibe makes the jungle come alive!
Quepos, Costa Rica
“great food at a good value”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

the prices are very reasonble, the portions are large, filling and the food is good. very pleasant setting, with a view of the rainforest on one side.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Seafood”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

As my last dinner in Costa Rica, this was by far the best seafood I tasted in the region. It was recommended by the staff of the hotel I was at and I was a little skeptical because they are new but they really know what their doing in the kitchen. I tried the calamari appetizer and it came with 3 sauces for a variety of flavor and spice. I think it's a house specialty and it was cooked perfectly the way it should be. Even though it was breaded, it was tender and tasty. My main course was a sauteed sea bass in olive oil with a cream sauce that I can't remember the name of but it had a citrus flavor. I prefer the taste of the fish so I had it on the side. The oil and seasoning without the sauce was a perfect compliment to the fillet and fresh vegitables that came with it. O.K., I'm not a foody or critic, I just love sea food. There's a lot of places to choose from in Manuel Antonio but in the three days I had this was the best meal. The other reviews are spot on for the ambiance and style of the place. Since it's fairly new, the owner and staff are very welcoming too.

Pittsburgh, PA
“An oasis in the jungle”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my fifth trip to Costa Rica, but simply the best meal I have ever had there. Found it on our way back to Quepos after a day in Manuel Antonio, and I'm so glad we did. When you walk through the door, you feel like you are dining right in the jungle. We were greeted by the owner with a couple of welcome shots called Brujitas and seated right up against the railing where we could almost touch the native flora and expected monkeys and birds to be dining with us at some point.

The menu was a combination of Costa Rican seafood with some NYC Italian thrown in to boot. Not often you find an authenitc Chicken Parmesan sandwich on a menu in Costa Rica. I had the Gazpacho which rivaled anything I have ever had in Spain and the seared Ahi Tuna which tasted like it was right off the boat, and it came with the best mashed potatoes you are likley to find in the country and veggies.

And for as good as the food was, the prices were even better. You're normally not getting a mela like this in CR for under $35, and this wasn't even close. The desert menu is still a little sparse, but the owner said they are working to make it better.

• Visited December 2012
“Absolutely best restaurant in Quepos/Manuel San Antonio!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We drove by (looks like a something out of miami or NYC) and were intrigued so we checked out reviews on TA which were great so we came tonight. It rocked! We started with the fish fingers tempura - really awesome. Very light breading and a magical dipping sauce. Then I got the romaine salad with lemon Parmesan dressing, which came with garlic crostini. The owner brought us a bowl of balsamic and olive oil that had fresh shaved Parmesan and roasted garlic to dip the crostini in. I could have made a meal from that alone - it was like heaven! Then I had the chicken Francese, which was very interesting with dill mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. It was excellent as well. The ambience delivers too. It is separated from the road by a wall, but open to the rain forest in the back, so very hip and relaxing, but you know you're in CR. Most of the other restaurants serve all the same stuff - basically American bar grub- and it's kind of expensive. This restaurant offers a unique, ecclectic, gastronomic delight for a very reasonable price. This was absolutely the best restaurant we've eaten at in Costa Rica. And the owner is from NYC and really wants everyone to have a great time and a great meal. If you come here, you should eat at Salt.

1 Thank AbsJ
San Pedro, Costa Rica
“Nice change”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Salt was the third restaurant we visited during our recent stay in Quepos, and by far the best. The others were overpriced, even considering we were in a tourist area. The food was very good, with some different dishes on the menu...the presentation was wonderful, and the service was very attentive. We would definitely visit again during our next trip.

• Visited November 2012