“Unique activity in Costa Rica”

Segway Tours Costa Rica
Ranked #15 of 66 Tours in Manuel Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: While you're in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica you won't want to miss out on this unique, eco-friendly Segway Jungle Island tour that will put you directly on jungle trails and beaches full of wildlife. This Segway tour includes: Segway training, safety equipment, bilingual guide, ferry fare, bottle of water, natural drink, and snacks. What to bring: Comfortable clothes and shoes or sandals, and camera. We will also take a lot of pictures of your tour. We provide training on the x2 off road Segway. Our guest range from "pro's" to "first time" riders, and in age from 10 to 85 years. This is the most fun you can have standing up. We teach you how to stand, ride and have a blast on our new 2014 Segway's. Our guides will have you riding like an expert within 15 minutes. We will also review all safety issues with the Segways to give you a safe and enjoyable experience. Your Segway tour starts at the Quepos Marina or larger groups can start right on the beach at the Manuel Antonio National Park. We start by teaching you Segway Safety and then to ride the Segway. Segway Costa Rica will provide all required safety equipment. We sometimes see sloth's and spider monkeys playing in the large tree's of Nahomi park. Then we will ride along the raised walkway that borders Quepos and the Pacific Ocean on our way to the ocean ferry that will take us to the beautiful Jungle Island just off shore called Cocal Island. You will experience Cocal and it's beauty. Cocal Island has no bridges or cars, just beautiful natural walk ways and endless beaches. Cocal is home to a small colony of friendly villagers. Touring the island of Cocal we stop at a Sugar Cane Plantation and you will sample & take some fresh cut sugar cane with you. We stop at a shaded beach area where you can pick your own coconut for a natural drink. Our guides will open the coconut for you to experience it fresh. The tours lasts 3 to 3.5 hours and cost $95.00
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a lot of fun on the Segway Tours in Manuel Antonio! This was very different from all the other activities we did in Costa Rica. It took us to places we would never have gone otherwise, and I think this was the only activity we did during our stay in Costa Rica where we felt like we got a glimpse into the lives of Costa Ricans not involved in the tourism industry.

The ride along the beach at sunset is gorgeous, and it was a lot of fun when our guide stopped at a coconut tree and took a machete out of his bag, chopped off the end of a couple of coconuts, stuck a couple of straws in, and gave us a refreshing (and free) drink of fresh coconut water!

Our guide was awesome - funny, knowledgable and really helpful. I was a little timid at first, which he noticed, and adjusted accordingly - he slowed down in high traffic areas, coached me through harder areas, and once he saw that I was getting more comfortable, picked up speed and taught us a few tricks. He definitely went a long way into making our trip enjoyable.

I take off one star for the cost - it's a little expensive for the length of the tour, especially when you compare it to how much other activities in the area cost for longer activities. Also, be aware that if you opt for insurance, it's an extra $10/pp.

1  Thank shaomai
in 71 reviews
in 62 reviews
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 10, 2012

It a really fun and interesting tour !! I had a great time , it´s really interesting starting to learn how to drive the Segway jaja !! I just loved it , the sunset at the beach, drinking coconut, its so relaxing, Miguel is the best tour guide ever !! He´s so funny and nice, hes always making sure that your having a great time, his very proffesional with his job. For me it was just the best way to end my day .. Sunset Segway Tour rocks !!!!,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We met Miguel on the street and decided to take his tour that afternoon. Miguel spent an enormous amount of time preparing my children who are 10 years old to make sure they were ready and safe to be on the equipment. Little did we know that my 45 year old brother was the one who needed extra help:) Miguel was amazing! He was fun and energetic and very aware of our surroundings, ensuring that my kids remained safe. He even altered the route so that my kids wouldn't have to navigate the busy streets. He kept us all engaged and having fun. We spend the majority of the time on the beach, which made our falls easier on impact and when my daughter took a spill Miguel was so concerned about her confidence and willingness to get back on, that he pretended to take a spill himself, throwing himself off his Segway and rolling multiple times on the sand. She thought it was hysterical and got right back on. The equipment was all very well maintained and I have to assume we are not the only people that have fallen off on the beach. My dad and brother had been on Segways tours before and said they paled in comparison. They said this equipment was much better and Miguel made the experience! We went Zip Lining the next day and my entire family agreed that the Segway Tour with Miguel was far better!!! I strongly suggest paying the $10 for the insurance. Once you get on the open beach, you will want to fly and Miguel will right there encouraging you to do so!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We met Miguel and took the Segway tour in Quepos, Costa Rica. The technology is incredible and we loved it. Not a bit scary - Miguel gave a good and easy to understand lesson and in no time we were whizzing along the sea wall, to the park, across a ferry, down the beach and through a traditional fishing village. We highly recommend this tour. Bob & Linda Bartsch, Horsefly, BC