“Segway Tour - Quepos”

$95.00*
and up
Segway Tour in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: While you're in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica you won't want to miss out on this unique, eco-friendly Segway Jungle Island tour that will put you directly on jungle trails and beaches full of wildlife. This Segway tour includes: Segway training, safety equipment, bilingual guide, ferry fare, bottle of water, natural drink, and snacks. What to bring: Comfortable clothes and shoes or sandals, and camera. We will also take a lot of pictures of your tour. We provide training on the x2 off road Segway. Our guest range from "pro's" to "first time" riders, and in age from 10 to 85 years. This is the most fun you can have standing up. We teach you how to stand, ride and have a blast on our new 2014 Segway's. Our guides will have you riding like an expert within 15 minutes. We will also review all safety issues with the Segways to give you a safe and enjoyable experience. Your Segway tour starts at the Quepos Marina or larger groups can start right on the beach at the Manuel Antonio National Park. We start by teaching you Segway Safety and then to ride the Segway. Segway Costa Rica will provide all required safety equipment. We sometimes see sloth's and spider monkeys playing in the large tree's of Nahomi park. Then we will ride along the raised walkway that borders Quepos and the Pacific Ocean on our way to the ocean ferry that will take us to the beautiful Jungle Island just off shore called Cocal Island. You will experience Cocal and it's beauty. Cocal Island has no bridges or cars, just beautiful natural walk ways and endless beaches. Cocal is home to a small colony of friendly villagers. Touring the island of Cocal we stop at a Sugar Cane Plantation and you will sample & take some fresh cut sugar cane with you. We stop at a shaded beach area where you can pick your own coconut for a natural drink. Our guides will open the coconut for you to experience it fresh. The tours lasts 3 to 3.5 hours and cost $95.00
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Segway Tour - Quepos”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We enjoyed the segways in Quepos. We had good instruction on how to operate the segway and rode on the beach, by the marina, and crossed on a ferry to an island with lots of beach and vegetation. Great fun for our group

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth R

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Segway tour of Isla Cocal . near Quepos”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took the Segway tour starting at Quepos, C.R. After training and equipment overview at the Segway tours office, it was off down the road with my guide Miguel. After stopping for a while at the nearby National park, and then the newly constructed marina; we proceeded on to take a small ferry over to Isla Cocal (coconut island). We passed through the quaint fishing village on the way to foot paths and a beautiful beach. Although, we were out in the sticks with more coconut trees than anything else; I was feeling pretty safe because Miguel knew what he was doing , and I had pretty much mastered the Segway (avoiding the coconuts was excellent training). On the way back through the fishing village, I noticed more of how the locals lived, since I was more confident on the machine. Thanks a lot Miguel, I had a great time.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Danial A
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was a fantastic tour very unique I had never ridden on a Seg-way before and though it would be more complex but it was surprisingly easy. The wild monkeys was probably the highlight of the tour, one monkey jumped on my wife's seg-away and she was actually able to hand feed it, which was really cool. The only aspect of the tour that I did not like was fact that they did not serve wine or beer which was sure disappointing to us because I guess we are both lushes, otherwise it was great and we have some fantastic memories. The people on the tour where also very friendly and helpful can't say anything more complimentary towards our guide Manual, he was very funny and spoke fantastic English.
Don't know if we will ever get back to Costa Rica, but if we do we will definitely be doing this tour again....next time we will bring a flask I guess.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Frank T
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Segway Tour - Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Well I have done many tours all around Costa Rica but nothing compares to riding a Segway through the forest, making a ferry crossing to an Island, riding down the beach, and chasing monkeys on a Segway all in a two hour tour!
Thank you Miguel (guide) for an awesome ride I will never forget it.
Cheers, David

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Juan G
Austell, Georgia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Segway Tour in Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A Segway tour is one of the best ways to tour a town. It is always fun watching the newbies learn how to drive the Segway. Taking the ride on the ferry was a bonus. Our guide spoke easy to understand English and had the knowledge to answered all questions. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited September 2012