“Beautiful!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This quickly became our favorite place in Manuel Antonio and we tried to visit it as much as we could in our short 8 day stay. The view truly takes your breath away. The coconut macaroons are perfection. The cafe con leche is wonderful. There's nothing more to say. Just go. This place should not be missed! Make it part of your itinerary!

There are newer reviews for Emilio's Cafe

Reviewed November 14, 2013

After so many incredible reviews we opted out of going to our Milagros for breakfast and tried the new location for Emilio's ...had to be great with that view right...wrong the view was great but the bohemian style place was a terrible disappointment ..maybe an off day..yes I'll great you that...but a coffee that wasnt made as requested...a twenty minute wait for two toasted bagels that when arrived were warmed up but not toasted...yet only five minutes to be corrected...there weren't many people in the place..jam had to be requested...in that time no one asked if we wanted another drink, coffee or anything,,,,yes we can speak up but the right didn't know what the left was doing. I don't need service where I'm being asked every second if there is something else I need, but I do need to be asked once what we would like along the way. There wasn't any fruit on the menu but when asked we were told that plate could be made up. That was ordered with the bagels and coffee...it didn't show...after the bagels had been back and forth 35 minutes had lapsed , the coffee had long gone, the bagels had been eaten and now it was 45 minutes..and no fruit show, we said we didn't need it it was though a light bulb had been turned on......the cookie that had asked for also didn't show...the only saving grace was the manager/owner said there was no charge ...it's a real shame as we had hoped for so much..the pastries and cakes looked very good indeed on display ..dinner I'm sure at sunset will be a great experience ..just not sure we will be there

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Emilio's has moved to just across the road from Cafe Milagro who now definitely have some competition in the area. The truth be known i rate Emilio's coffee much higher than Milagro, it is smoother and served with a much much better view! The setting is superb and the coffee, cake and meals are fantastic. Do yourself a favour and check out both, I bet you'll be in Emilio's much more.

If in Cafe Milagro though do try the carrot cake with frosting! In Emilio's they are all good!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Since returning to Manuel Antonio after a 6 month absence, Emilio's has moved from former location across from soccer field to a new place off the Mariposa Road with a beautiful view! So thrilled to have this new Hot Spot within walking distance of our hotel and home!

Emilio's has he best desserts and pastries in the area, and now I'm finding out about the wonderful meals he serves.

I went for lunch one day and had the Evelina Salad which had fresh pomegranate seeds on it. It was delicious!

For dinner with my husband last Friday night I had a Chicken lemongrass dish which was like a soup. It had a beautiful ball of rice in it, and fresh veggies.

Congratulations on the new location, and I hope you don't get tired of seeing me!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Between the view, the food and the excellent service, Emilio's Cafe was by far the best meal my friends and I had during our several days in Manuel Antonio. Try the falafel pita or any of the fish specials - all of them were great. They also have a large selection of desserts. The passion fruit pie was very similar to a key lime pie, but with a slightly different kick. Give it a try for lunch or dinner!