“Let down”
Review of Emilio's Cafe

Emilio's Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Central American, Cafe, Costa Rican, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Let down”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

After so many incredible reviews we opted out of going to our Milagros for breakfast and tried the new location for Emilio's ...had to be great with that view right...wrong the view was great but the bohemian style place was a terrible disappointment ..maybe an off day..yes I'll great you that...but a coffee that wasnt made as requested...a twenty minute wait for two toasted bagels that when arrived were warmed up but not toasted...yet only five minutes to be corrected...there weren't many people in the place..jam had to be requested...in that time no one asked if we wanted another drink, coffee or anything,,,,yes we can speak up but the right didn't know what the left was doing. I don't need service where I'm being asked every second if there is something else I need, but I do need to be asked once what we would like along the way. There wasn't any fruit on the menu but when asked we were told that plate could be made up. That was ordered with the bagels and coffee...it didn't show...after the bagels had been back and forth 35 minutes had lapsed , the coffee had long gone, the bagels had been eaten and now it was 45 minutes..and no fruit show, we said we didn't need it it was though a light bulb had been turned on......the cookie that had asked for also didn't show...the only saving grace was the manager/owner said there was no charge ...it's a real shame as we had hoped for so much..the pastries and cakes looked very good indeed on display ..dinner I'm sure at sunset will be a great experience ..just not sure we will be there

• Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
“Great view with excellent coffee”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Emilio's has moved to just across the road from Cafe Milagro who now definitely have some competition in the area. The truth be known i rate Emilio's coffee much higher than Milagro, it is smoother and served with a much much better view! The setting is superb and the coffee, cake and meals are fantastic. Do yourself a favour and check out both, I bet you'll be in Emilio's much more.

If in Cafe Milagro though do try the carrot cake with frosting! In Emilio's they are all good!!

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“New Location - still fabulous food!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Since returning to Manuel Antonio after a 6 month absence, Emilio's has moved from former location across from soccer field to a new place off the Mariposa Road with a beautiful view! So thrilled to have this new Hot Spot within walking distance of our hotel and home!

Emilio's has he best desserts and pastries in the area, and now I'm finding out about the wonderful meals he serves.

I went for lunch one day and had the Evelina Salad which had fresh pomegranate seeds on it. It was delicious!

For dinner with my husband last Friday night I had a Chicken lemongrass dish which was like a soup. It had a beautiful ball of rice in it, and fresh veggies.

Congratulations on the new location, and I hope you don't get tired of seeing me!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best meal in Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Between the view, the food and the excellent service, Emilio's Cafe was by far the best meal my friends and I had during our several days in Manuel Antonio. Try the falafel pita or any of the fish specials - all of them were great. They also have a large selection of desserts. The passion fruit pie was very similar to a key lime pie, but with a slightly different kick. Give it a try for lunch or dinner!

• Visited November 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Good looking café, great food and service”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Emilio's is a great place in Manuel Antonio.
I went for lunch yesterday and had a "Cabrilla" fish in a lemongrass broth with veggies and jasmine rice croquet on top that was super tasty, huge portion and perfectly cooked. My husband ordered the falafel salad, it was excellent as well. Even the frozen mint lemonade was delicious.
I went back tonight for dinner since everything was perfect yesterday. We ordered the Greek salad, it was ok. Then the fish in green curry, very nice and the chicken in lemongrass, great again.
For dessert we had the flowerless coffee/chocolate cake, more a mouse than a cake, yummy yummy! Coffee is really good as well. Service is efficient and the ambience is very nice.
I'm only missing breakfast... The croissants look to die for...
Prices are very reasonable. About $18 a person for a huge meal.
You get a wonderful view during the day.
Don't miss Emilio's.