“Proabably my favorite coffee shop EVER”
Review of Emilio's Cafe

Emilio's Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Proabably my favorite coffee shop EVER”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I work online, so I have spent a lot of time in a lot of coffee shops in New York, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Raleigh/Durham, San Francisco, New Orleans etc. Emilio's is probably my all time favorite. The coffee is excellent. The food is top-notch. The view is amazing. And Emilio and his staff are great. These things together with a wonderful vibe and atmosphere makes for an experience that I miss when I'm not in Costa Rica.

I have had a lot of different stuff off the menu. My go-to meal is the Caprese sandwich, which is heavenly and fresh. There is also a mediterranean salad with pomegranate that is delicious. The pic is of a curry fish dish that was on the menu a couple months ago and was tasty. Try the spicy chocolate too.

I cant wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kwame J

• Hebrew first
Brantford, Canada
“Great food with a view”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Second story cafe in a little plaza just as you come into the Manuel Antonio area. Has a few tables along the upper balcony but the real gem is the back balcony with an amazing view of the valley and ocean. We ended up having breakfast there probably 4 times during our week. Wonderful food, fantastic desserts and great service. Emilio we still think you should come to our corner of Canada. I am going to miss those almond cookies.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank janvez56
“Beautiful cafe!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate here twice on our trip it was so good! From the coffee to the sandwiches and the deserts everything was delicious! They have a beautiful view too!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Crheidi
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Food, Laid Back Cafe Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I found Emilio's towards the end of our visit to Manuel Antonio and liked it so much that we made sure to stop by for a second time before leaving! On our first visit we ate a caprese salad, falafel pita sandwich, and a fresh fish filet in a curry with cilantro. We also enjoyed some great coffee. Our second visit was dessert only, but again we had some great coffee and both raved about our choices in dessert (milk chocolate mousse tort and dark chocolate tort with espresso and cardamom).

Emilio's has a great, casual atmosphere and a very welcoming and helpful staff. Also, the view from the back porch is beautiful!

We went to another, more expensive, restaurant for our last meal in Manuel Antonio and both agreed that we could have got equally good, if not better, food from Emilio's for half the price!

Next time we're in Manuel Antonio, Emilio's will definitely get multiple visits.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing Food - Great Service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We loved Emilio's! Please note, its a casual cafe and when I walked in, I didn't think it had an atmosphere. But then - I tried his curry! Amazing. We also had the poke tuna salad special which was by far the best salad of my life. Overall, I could not recommend the food and experience more. Great break from the hotel.

Visited July 2013