“THE best food in Manuel Antonio/Quepos”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Emilio's Cafe

Emilio's Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Central American, Cafe, Costa Rican, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“THE best food in Manuel Antonio/Quepos”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was lured in by the falafel sign, and was not disappointed. I have since retuned several times a week for the amazing salads, desserts, fresh juice smoothies. Emilio is nearly always there, to serve you with a smile. Amazing view, free wifi, and funky decor. After eating at so many below average tourist traps, we were so relieved to find Emilio's!! It has become like a second home to us. Don't eat anywhere else!!!

• Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, but tried to rip us off.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came because of the great reviews and indeed, best coffee, delicious sandwiches. But our bill came to 7000 colones, we only had $20 American. He gives us 800 colones, then turns around and gives us a 1000 bill. We leave, and it doesn't seem to add up, we go back and I asked how we calculated the bill. Without looking at the bill or calculating, he turns to the till and grabs another 1000 and quickly apologizes for the mistake. Then he uses the calculator to verify with us. Yes, 1000 colones works out to be $2, but it is about the principle. Great food, but if you look like a tourist, double check what you're getting back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pigglebug
“A little bit of paradise!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I had spent the in tire day at the beautiful beach down in Manuel Antonio. And I stopped at Emilio's because I thought it looked nice. And right I was! I had the most amazing tuna salad I have ever tasked and afterwards I had passion pie that was sooo good!! Really, really nice people working there to. Emilio rocks!

• Visited February 2013
Quepos, Costa Rica
“Great, inexpensive food!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Emilio's is a great new place in the area and as a local hotel owner, I welcome being able to send our guests to these types of inexpensive, casual eateries that reflect the wide diversity of fresh foods of the area. If on a budget, why overpay when you do not have to? Emilio's constantly offers the freshest foods, great specials and Emilio's himself is a class act. My favorite dish? Indonesian Sateh, from my home country Holland accompied with fresh cut steak fries and a salad! Great pastries, sandwiches, breads and great personal service from Emilio himself. Emilio keep up this great food!

• Visited May 2013
Salisbury, North Carolina
“I love this place”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Emilio and his staff know how to cook a meal or bake a dessert. The restaurant is onthe second floor of a small restaurant complex midway between Quepos andManual Antonio, next to COSI, the Spanish language school. The tuna and white bean salad is absolutely pleasing to the palate, and there is not a mistake with any of the sweets particularly the key lime pie (which challenges any Key West edition), passion fruit pie, and Mississippi pie (chocolate).

Visited April 2013