“Coffee Alternative in Manuel Antonio”
Review of Emilio's Cafe

Emilio's Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Cool new coffee shop in Manuel Antonio with great coffee, good food, nice views and a nice staff.
Emilio the owner is a good guy and open six days a week ( Closed Tuesdays)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Emilio's café is located upstairs, so don't be mislead by walking in downstairs. The food was super, we had a tuna salad and a caprese sandwich. Afterwards we took a piece of chocolate pie and then we discovered the secret of his superb chocolate: it's Belgian chocolate! It made us feel at home for the first time during our trip to Costa Rica!

Next to that we had a bottle of water, an espresso, a cappuccino and a mocaccino: total of 29$.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I--as well as most everyone else who goes there--love Emilio and his cafe. He has taken a small storefront and, with his unerringly good taste and dedication to customer satisfaction, has turned it into a hip cafe with superb coffee, a sophisticated menu and even a view of the mountains from the seats in back.

Emilio began with just coffee and sweets, e.g., flourless chocolate cake with ginger, but has recently expanded his menu to now include some killer sandwiches and, most recently, fresh seafood. I should mention that in my experience good, crusty French/Italian bread is hard to find in Costa Rica, but Emilio bakes his own on site! What a treat.

Needless to say we're looing forward to getting back.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

went with a friend after the beach, when asked if I wanted some desert with my expresso, I answered that I did not suppose they had Gluten Free options... well think again the whole top shelf of their display was gluten free. They very made my day! Staff and owners are also very nice.

2  Thank NatureVacations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Exquisite food, very fresh and very well balanced. Ordered the Thai chicken salad and the fresh sea bass. Both the fish and the chicken were perfectly cooked. Liked the chili sauce on the chicken and the cilantro and cashews rounded it off perfectly. The sea bass was provencal inspired (capers, tomatoes, olives, peppers) and again very well balanced. The bread was fresh and baked in house, and wow, we could tell. Dessert was fabulous too! Well worth the visit. Very glad we came.