“Nice place for lunch”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband loved his thai chicken salad, and I loved the caprese salad. The paninis were also very good with a very fresh rustic bread.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stopped in to have a bite because we were having a late dinner. The food was excellent! The cafe has a nice view and a menu that includes bakery food and some light salads.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stopped at Emilio's with my son and we loved the pasties, coffee and ambiance. It is located on a second floor and it might be a little hard to find, but it is worth it going up the stairs.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is a hidden gem! My bf and I were staying at Backpackers Manuel Antonio (which is just below Emilio's) and were just looking to go somehwere for a quick dessert and coffee. Little did we know that this cafe would turn into our go to spot for the next 3 days! They have awesome food/dessert/coffee/tea. The service was great, the staff was super super friendly, the restaurant itself is pretty simple but as others have mentioned, it has a balcony with a gorgeous view.

My favourite dish there was the catch of the day "Seared tuna served w/ mixed greens and veggies". While the prices in Costa Rica are quite a bit steeper than the rest of Central America, the food here was worth every penny. The ginger ganache was also fantastic.

Overall, this is a great little cafe with amazing food and good people - definitely a hidden gem!

1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I love this place! My son and I came here on one of our first nights here to meet a friend who was helping us get settled. The service is great. The food is fresh, healthy, and there are a lot of gluten-free options, which was very important for me. The coffee is delicious. Sit out on the balcony if you can and enjoy the view of the jungle. You might see the family of sloths that live here. We come and hang out and eat their flourless cakes, which are primo. Emilio will tell you when he has something special to eat like if he just got fresh tuna in or something new on the menu. My son loves the chocolate croissants and the New York cheesecake. The salads are so fresh and delicious. They have wi-fi, so we go to Emilio's with our laptops and catch up on email or whatever we need to do online.