“Perfect Morning!”

Dante's Water Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Lessons School for all ages and Paddle Board Tours, beach tours, kayaking SUP.
Bronxville, New York
“Perfect Morning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Dante's Watersports gave us the perfect introduction to surfing. They picked me and my two teens (girl 18, boy 14) up right on time at 7 a.m. After a short intro of the basics they had us in the water in no time. Our great guides, David and Jesse had the kids up on their boards after just a couple of waves. Took me a bit longer (and a wider board) but even I managed some nice long rides. If they can get me standing up, they must be good! Fresh pineapple and drinks during a break gave us enough energy to give it another try and by that time the kids were able to catch some waves without any assistance, incredible. We definitely recommend you go with Dante's. Pura Vida.

Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
South Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Surfing in CR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Dante Water Sports were the best. They picked us up at the appointed time. The surfers worked with a 7 year old and an almost 6 year old to get them up surfing. Our daughter also tried with another surfer instructor. They were patient, safety aware, and happy. Nana and Papa sat in chairs under a tent watching! Then the owner took us all back to our hotel. It was a most pleasant adventure. Highly recommend.

Tinley Park, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience learning to surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

A transport came and picked us up for our surf lesson. There were three guys who were knowledgable and helpful to give us instructions. Once out on the water, they instructors were helpful and courteous. In the middle of our lesson, a storm came through and cut our experience short. Dante then took us back to the hotel and told us that we could come back in the next day or two for a FREE lesson to make up for the fact that our time was cut short by weather. Two days later, he picked us up and took us out on the water again for as long as it took. What a great experience. I highly recommend this business.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Surf Lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dante was professional and punctural. The instructor was knowledgeable, fun and patient. I was able to get up 4 different times. Safety tips were very helpful and my overall experience was great! I highly recommend Dante and his team.

Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we arrived at Manuel Antonio Beach for surfing lessons, Dante suggested that we travel 30 minutes south to another beach where waves would be better. I was skeptical at first, thinking "what's this gonna cost?" My mistake. The recommendation was made with our best interests in mind (as beginner surfers). Dante didn't charge a penny more, even though this trip usually costs double what we paid. And it was more inconvenient for them (packing up the boards and gear, travel). Boy was I surprised when we arrived at the beautiful black sand Matapolo beach that stretches for miles until it fades into mist. And the added bonus of being relatively spectator free.

I give 5 stars for several reasons:
Dante was clearly supervising the instructors to make sure we had the best experience. He was laid back, but not overly so. It seemed that we all (students and instructors) had fun. Pura Vida!
Instructors were awesome. We were engaged in conversation with them during the 30 minute drive and they were informative and knowledgeable about Costa Rica beyond the surf. Felt like we made new friends. We even stopped to say goodbye on our last day.
Every one was able to stand up!

Visited May 2014