“Three in our family learned to surf with Dante's”

Dante's Water Sports
Book In Advance
More Info
$75.00*
and up
Beach Hopping Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Lessons School for all ages and Paddle Board Tours, beach tours, kayaking SUP.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We spent 3 days learning to surf with Dante's. The first day was at Matapalo Beach, about 25 min south of Manuel Antonio. What a great spot this was! Long, beautiful, isolated beach with great, long continuous waves, perfect for learning to surf on! The next two days were at the public beaches near Manuel Antonio. Slightly more difficult waves, but with the excellent instruction from our guides, we were able to continue our progress with surfing. Dante and all of his instructors were patient and really willing to help you achieve your goal of learning to surf. Thanks for helping us to learn something new!

All reviews
in 59 reviews
"private lesson"
"hour lesson"
in 8 reviews
"beach chairs and umbrellas"
in 6 reviews
in 31 reviews
"fruit"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Dante picked us up promptly (even a little early!) at 8 AM. His instructors were very patient and helpful for us 3 beginners, my wife and I (in our 50's) and our teenage son. We spent 3 days with them and it was well worth it!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My daughter and I spent yesterday learning to surf with Dante and his crew and had a fabulous time! The instruction and attention we received was excellent. I was a little uncomfortable when we were picked up at the hotel wondering what I was getting myself into. Dante put me at ease on the drive over and the instructors made the experience fun and relaxing. We enjoyed water and fruit sitting under the umbrella of our reserved beach chairs while we relaxed for a bit between sessions. Dante was prepared to drive us back whenever we wanted to return so that we still had time to enjoy some cocktails by the hotel pool after surfing. We chose to purchase the photos and they were delivered early the next morning. Thanks Dante - we had a great time!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Me and my friends tried surfing lessons, all of us got up on the boards several times. The instructors are very friendly and speak good English. Dante is very service minded and makes sure you have a great experience. You get served water and fruit during a break in your lesson, they also have beach chairs and umbrellas for you to relax in. They also take beautiful pictures for you to enjoy and share with your friends to prove you are a professional surfer and managed to stand on the board.

I also tried the Paddle board and it was so much fun! It looks relaxing and easy from the beach but actually its harder work but very relaxing.

If you want to try surfing while in Manuel Antonio I definitely recommend you to use Dantes company. The instructors are professional and will make you feel safe and wont give up until you stand up on the board =)

See more reviews
Reviewed February 9, 2014

First let me state that I am a born and raised New Yorker and not very athletic so I never thought to surf prior to visiting Costa Rica, but boy am I happy I decided to take a risk!!!! This was truly an experience I will cherish forever. When we arrived at the beach the instructors were very nice and gave us fruit while we waited to get our surfing shirts (apparently you can't surf in a bikini lol). They start by giving you a lesson on the sand and I instantly thought I was in way over my head but I still listened intently and before I knew it I was walking to the beach. Yikes! My brother who is very athletic took to surfing like a fish to the water, he caught the wave on his first try!!! I on the other hand flopped my first try and water went up my nose so I was a bit discouraged. But I kept trying and finally the female instructor who was taking our pics pulled me aside and gave me a small pep talk. And it worked!!! I was able to ride the wave and it was one of the most satisfying feelings!!!!! I am so happy we tried this and that I didn't give up!!! They also emailed us all the pics they took instead of just the few you pay for. AMAZING experience all around!!! Thanks!!!