“We LOVED Dante's Water Sports”

Dante's Water Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Lessons School for all ages and Paddle Board Tours, beach tours, kayaking SUP.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our hotel (Jungle Beach) recommended that we do our surfing lessons with Dante's Water Sports. I am so glad that we did because it was one of our favorite activities that we did during our week long trip. Dante's picked us up at our hotel. We had varying levels of athletic ability but most of our group of eight were able to get stand up surfing only with the instruction and encouragement from Dante's amazing staff. Would book this activity with Dante again in a heart beat!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked a surf lesson last minute through our concierge and he set us up with Dante's. Our instructor Michael was great. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a lot of fun surfing. The instructor was very knowledgeable and friendly as was the photographer. We relaxed for a short while in our reserved lounge chairs and umbrella, water included, for the waves to build up with the high tide. Surfed for at least and hour then took a break and enjoyed more water and a pineapple prepared by our surf instructor. Then back for more surfing. We never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on the beautiful beach.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

While I was in Costa Rica I wanted to give surfing a try so I rented a board and went out there by myself. Not so good. When I got into Manuel Antonio I decided to give it another go. This time I decided to find an instructor and I have to say I think I found the best surf instructor ever. First try he had me up and riding the wave!! Carlos was patient, he explained everything in a way I could understand it, and did it all with a great sense of humor and killer smile! If you want to learn to surf in Costa Rica, Carlos is your man!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arranged our surf lessons through our hotel. They set us up with Dante's.

On the day before our lesson, Dante's called the hotel to say the surf was big and we might want to reschedule. We rescheduled for 2 days later.

They picked us up at our hotel. At the MA beach, they had beach lounges, umbrellas, water, and later some fruit all ready for us. They offered rash guard shirts to anyone who didn't have one. They kept an eye on our stuff (camera) while we surfed. They offered to lock it up in the car but we declined.

Dave from Seattle gave us some brief instruction under a tent and then they took us out on the water. We were 2 parents, 13 and 11 year old boys and a 9 year old girl. They immediately separated us into mom and dad with one instructor, the two boys with another and the youngest with still another for a "private" lesson.

The guys were good teachers; patient, positive, attentive, really enthusiastic and they communicated well. We all got up. We all had a great time.

Thanks to Dave, Carlos and all the instructors. Ten thumbs up from our group.