“Best Surf Instructor Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dante's Water Sports

Dante's Water Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Lessons School for all ages and Paddle Board Tours, beach tours, kayaking SUP.
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Best Surf Instructor Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

While I was in Costa Rica I wanted to give surfing a try so I rented a board and went out there by myself. Not so good. When I got into Manuel Antonio I decided to give it another go. This time I decided to find an instructor and I have to say I think I found the best surf instructor ever. First try he had me up and riding the wave!! Carlos was patient, he explained everything in a way I could understand it, and did it all with a great sense of humor and killer smile! If you want to learn to surf in Costa Rica, Carlos is your man!!

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
“All had a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arranged our surf lessons through our hotel. They set us up with Dante's.

On the day before our lesson, Dante's called the hotel to say the surf was big and we might want to reschedule. We rescheduled for 2 days later.

They picked us up at our hotel. At the MA beach, they had beach lounges, umbrellas, water, and later some fruit all ready for us. They offered rash guard shirts to anyone who didn't have one. They kept an eye on our stuff (camera) while we surfed. They offered to lock it up in the car but we declined.

Dave from Seattle gave us some brief instruction under a tent and then they took us out on the water. We were 2 parents, 13 and 11 year old boys and a 9 year old girl. They immediately separated us into mom and dad with one instructor, the two boys with another and the youngest with still another for a "private" lesson.

The guys were good teachers; patient, positive, attentive, really enthusiastic and they communicated well. We all got up. We all had a great time.

Thanks to Dave, Carlos and all the instructors. Ten thumbs up from our group.

“Awesome experience awesome people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had an awesome coupple og hours in the compay of the competent instructor Carlos. We got up an rode severel Wales even though we're rookies. This place is hugget reconmendable og u want to try and surf. I know of we Come back here again, we will definately hit Dantes for some brush up! Btw surfing is awesome!!!

- Lina and Mads from Denmark

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I took surf lessons along with my two teenage sons this past week with Dante's. It was a fantastic experience with beautiful scenery and first rate instructors including Lara and Dave. I would highly recommend taking surf lessons from Dante's Water Sports as part of any family trip to Manuel Antonio- your kids will LOVE IT!

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The team at Dante's Water Sports is great. My partner and I took surfing lessons and we were up on the boards right from the start thanks to Carlos' great instructions and a bit of practice on dry land. Everyone we encountered was welcoming and (more importantly) patient. They also took photos for us and we were able to purchase the entire set for a very reasonable price.

I highly recommend you try it!

Visited February 2013