“We had a great time”

Dante's Water Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Lessons School for all ages and Paddle Board Tours, beach tours, kayaking SUP.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a surf lesson today with Dante's. We had a great guy - from San Diego (sorry Blonde San Diego dude I can't recall your name - although it might have been Pete - awesome tattoo on the bottom of his leg). Very patient, lots of great tips for beginners, very friendly.

When you learn with these guys they show you how to get up on the board (two different ways) and then not long after you get to go out in the water (they lend you a top to wear - great for not getting scratched, so it doesn't matter if you rock up in a bikini top). The surf school is right by the life guard tower for aded piece of mind. After about 45mins they take you back in land for some water and fresh pineapple, then you can go back out again.

When we went (31st August 2012) it was a full moon so the tides were pretty high and the waves got quite big after a certain time (around 12noon). Very glad we turned up about 9.30am for the smaller waves as later on the water got a bit more challenging for beginners.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The kids took surfing lessons. The instructors were very patient. The only downside was when the kids thought the life guards were blowing their whistles for sharks but it was actually to warn bathers of rip tides, no sharks there, but the kids panicked! Maybe the instructors could explain the reason for the whistle blowing!! Otherwise a good experience

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I tried surfing in Huntington Beach with lessons years ago...epic fail. So i thought a lesson was in order. Me and my wife took lessons from Dante's guys. They made it so easy. they taught us how to get up on the board within a few minutes and had us riding waves a few minutes after that. The staff is very friendly and made our experience so much better than if we tried ourselves. They offered to hang out with us and surf after the allotted time but we were wiped out after surfing for almost 2 hours. Highly recommended for a really fun experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Overall was a wonderful experience. I went to Dante's with my girlfriend, neither of us have ever surfed before. The instructors all spoke English and had both of us surfing on our second attempt in the water. The instructors were nice and offered to surf with us even after our time had run out.

2  Thank Derek S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My 13 year old son recently had a surf lesson with Carlos at Dante's Water Sports, located on MA beach beside one of the lifeguard towers. We had scheduled a two hour lesson, which ended up turning into a 2 1/2 hour lesson. My husband and I decided not to rent lounge chairs for ourselves (the cost was $10 each) as we were going to wander down the beach while my son had his lesson. As it turned out, the rain set in about 30 minutes into his lesson so Dante pulled up a lounge chair for us and put it under a large umbrella so we could stay dry. My son thought it was fantastic surfing in the rain. He really liked Carlos as well. Following his lesson we were all offered watermelon. I would definitely recommend Dante's Water Sports. In fact, we are heading back to the beach today and plan to rent some boogie boards from Dante.