Villas Nicolas was the perfect place to stay for us. We stayed there for 3 nights and wished it was longer. This was our first trip to Costa Rica so it was a bit more rustic than we were used to but after the first night we were completely settled in.
We stayed in room 8 up and loved it. Our favorite part was the beautiful porch with the hammock where we spent a lot of time reading, talking, enjoying a cold drink, looking for monkeys and of course staring at the amazing ocean view.
We liked that Villas Nicolas was within walking distance to so many fantastic restaurants (although a bit of a hilly walk) and you can take a quick (and very cheap - only 20 cents!) bus ride to the beach and national park. It's also right next door to Si Como No (which is gorgeous) so you can enjoy the cheaper but still wonderful stay at Villas Nicolas and then go next door to Si Como No to have a fantastic meal at Claro Que Si.
Restaurant recommendations: we loved Cafe Milagro for breakfast/coffee, Salsipuedes for tapas and good drinks, Claro Que Si (great food, good service and amazing view).
Fun things to do: we went to the national park which was really fun with beautiful beaches (you can wander around and find beaches) and of course lots of monkeys. We also did horseback riding through Valmy Tours which we highly recommend and then front desk at the hotel sets it all up for you. It's almost a full day outing with really nice guides and you ride through gorgeous parts of the jungle and right through streams and then end the trip with a delicious meal at a local restaurant.
The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. They will help you find your way to the national park, beaches, recommend local restaurants and they also help set up day outings for you.
Couple tips: we drank the tap water and it was fine; bring bug spray and suntan lotion; and be ready for the slow, relaxing pace of Costa Rica.
Overall we LOVED Costa Rica and are already trying to plan another trip in February 08.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Nicolas is a small 18 room condominium style hotel.We are located on the Manuel Antonio mountainside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.Our hotel is comprised of 5 rows of terraced rooms (approx 4 rooms per row)surrounded by gardens and jungle....all with oceanviews. Villas Nicolas is designed for the independent traveler who prefers "small & intimate" to the "all inclusive" resort type experience.Our Type 3 suites have full kitchens for those who wish to take advantage of the local produce and fresh fish that this area provides.We offer on site management and all night security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villas Nicolas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Nicolas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel Nicolas
- Villas Nicolas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park