The lady at the front desk barely said Hello to us when we arrived. She told us the cost was 95$ taxes included for one night and when i came back home i've noticed that i've been charged 115$ on my credit card. No one helped us with our luggages and we had to go down a few flights of stairs to our room.The room was smelly but still nice. The problem began when my boyfriend went into the bathroom right before going to sleep. There was bugs coming in from a hole above the door. In a matter of minutes the room was infested with ants and other bugs. We ran out of the room with our luggages in our pyjamas. There was no staff at the front desk at this hour so a security guard gave us another room. The other room was a downgrade. We had two small beds, so my boyfriend and I had to sleep in seperate beds. It was really hot in the room and it took about an hour for the a/c to cool down the room. Next morning the staff didn't offer any excuse and they didn't seem to bother at ALL!!!! The garden, pool area and breakfast were great but there is no excuses for the fact that we didn't have a good night of sleep and didn't get the chance to enjoy our room. Don't go there, there's plenty of other good hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Nicolas is a small 18 room condominium style hotel.We are located on the Manuel Antonio mountainside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.Our hotel is comprised of 5 rows of terraced rooms (approx 4 rooms per row)surrounded by gardens and jungle....all with oceanviews. Villas Nicolas is designed for the independent traveler who prefers "small & intimate" to the "all inclusive" resort type experience.Our Type 3 suites have full kitchens for those who wish to take advantage of the local produce and fresh fish that this area provides.We offer on site management and all night security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Villas Nicolas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Nicolas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel Nicolas
- Villas Nicolas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park