We really enjoyed our stay at Villas Nicolas; the staff (reception, breakfast & dinner) are very helpful, the gardens and pool are very clean and well kept and the fellow guests are friendly. The pool was a great temp and the lounge chairs were comfortable (yep, we fell asleep)
Units: We reserved a 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds and also 2 twin day beds in the main / living area. The beds and pillows were comfortable; there was air conditioning in the bedroom and ceiling fans throughout the rest of the unit which kept it comfortable. Our kitchen had all the appliances and tools you may need to make simple meals and snacks. The rooms, kitchen and bathroom were very clean and housekeeping visited each day. We enjoyed a lovely patio with table, chairs and hammock and view of the jungle and ocean - it was a great place to watch the monkeys move through the trees each morning.
Restaurant: we loved the breakfast each morning made by two kind ladies. Fresh tortillas, rice, beans and eggs made to order along with good coffee and fresh fruit. We had cocktails and an amazing banana dessert one evening and another night we stayed for cocktails and dinner. Everything was very well prepared, fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the hearts of palm salad and the cocktails were top-notch.
Location: I thought it was a good location in walking distance to bars & restaurants, the bus stop and you can walk down the hill relatively easily to the beach and to Manuel Antonio National Park. We stayed in three areas of Costa Rica on this trip, Guanacaste, Arenal and Manuel Antonio and I'd say for sure I would come back to M.A. and stay at Villas Nicolas because we enjoyed our stay so much and I feel there is alot more that we just didn't have time to see or explore during our 4 days here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Nicolas is a small 18 room condominium style hotel.We are located on the Manuel Antonio mountainside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.Our hotel is comprised of 5 rows of terraced rooms (approx 4 rooms per row)surrounded by gardens and jungle....all with oceanviews. Villas Nicolas is designed for the independent traveler who prefers "small & intimate" to the "all inclusive" resort type experience.Our Type 3 suites have full kitchens for those who wish to take advantage of the local produce and fresh fish that this area provides.We offer on site management and all night security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villas Nicolas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Nicolas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel Nicolas
- Villas Nicolas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio