Since 1999 I have travelled to Manuel Antonio/Quepos Costa Rica and stayed at Villas Nicolas
It is simply one of our favorite places in the world to go! This is my ninth trip to this resort area in the Pacific region.
Going back to Villas Nicolas is like visiting an old friend: warm, comfortable and always welcoming.
Villas Nicolas is a collection of cheerful "hotel villas" that are situated on the top of the "hill" in Manuel Antonio overlooking the jungle and Pacific ocean. When travelling to Manuel Antonio the best place is to be on "top of the hill". Close to dining, nightlife, transportation and shopping. Yet looking out the back terrace all you see is lush jungle and the Pacific Ocean.
Units are rented daily/weekly or by the month.
Many of the "villas" have a small kitchenette, a well appointed bed room, sitting area and out side terraces. Units are decorated with art work from local artists. There is a wide variety of units from budget to deluxe. We like staying in a unit that boasts a small kitchenette.
The grounds are a mix of native tropical plants, with three different types of monkeys that travel through the thick jungle canopy everyday. Everyday we see and hear a variety of primates at our door step!
Chef Pato, a well known chef in Manuel Antonio holds court everyday (except Sunday) at El Rancho, a gourmet boutique restaurant located on the grounds of Villas Nicolas. The open air restaurant is casual, and very affordable.
Overall the Villas Nicolas is clean, quiet and well managed. Much of the staff has worked for the organization for many years.
It always feels like home, Can hardly wait for next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Nicolas is a small 18 room condominium style hotel.We are located on the Manuel Antonio mountainside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.Our hotel is comprised of 5 rows of terraced rooms (approx 4 rooms per row)surrounded by gardens and jungle....all with oceanviews. Villas Nicolas is designed for the independent traveler who prefers "small & intimate" to the "all inclusive" resort type experience.Our Type 3 suites have full kitchens for those who wish to take advantage of the local produce and fresh fish that this area provides.We offer on site management and all night security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villas Nicolas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Nicolas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel Nicolas
- Villas Nicolas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio